Books Bought #5



Books Bought is a meme that Cindy has been hosting for several months on Cindy's Love of Books. The purpose of this meme is to share with you the books I buy and for you to do the same. If you're curious and want to see what my blogger friend bought, visit:

http://cindysloveofbooks.blogspot.com


Yesterday began with a light drizzle of rain falling which is a welcomed miracle to Southern California! I arrived at T.J.Maxx and headed straight to the book stand. I must have been thinking of food at the time because these two cook books were a perfect purchase. One of my hobbies besides growing my own food is preparing wonderful meals that my family will enjoy, especially my grandsons!

Here are my purchased books this week:



# Hardcover: 240 pages
# Publisher: Parragon Inc (December 2006)
# Language: English
# ISBN-10: 1405488581
# ISBN-13: 978-1405488587

Perfect Greek (Perfect Cooking)

The cuisine of Greece is like the country itself- relaxed, sociable, and full of sunshine. Being Greek, I love to cook, eat outdoors and experience laughter around the table! I found this book to be true and authentic with:

* 112 exciting and delicious recipes

* Brief introduction to each chapter, full of useful ideas and tips

* A clear and easy-to-follow ingredients list and method for each recipe to ensure a perfect result.

* Inspiring photography of each recipe to set your taste buds tingling

Do you like something sweet like baklava, pistachio cake, or Greek shortbread cookies?
From roasted vegetables and moussaka to lamb and chicken kabobs, you'll be serving friends and family delicious Greek meals with lots of olive oil from fantastic selections!


Another book I purchased:

The Organic Seasonal Cookbook by Liz Franklin



# Hardcover: 128 pages
# Publisher: Parragon Inc (March 2008)
# Language: English
# ISBN-10: 1407524992
# ISBN-13: 978-1407524993

The Organic Seasonal Cookbook

This book is a celebration of the range of fresh food available at different times of the year. The introduction gives an overview of food, farming, and well being and explains why sustainable farming and food production are vital steps in ensuring we eat healthy, delicious food.

I has always enjoyed the farming lifestyle with my family and have reaped the benefits of an annual summer and winter garden. This beautifully illustrated guide features easy-to-prepare, enticing meals. The Broccoli, Chile and Garlic Crostini looks good and I think I'll try the Barbecued Beef Skewers with Butternut Panzanella! I'm looking forward to trying more healthier, tastier recipes from this author.

Happy reading and happy eating... Yasu!
Hello or yasoo - in Greek the same word for hello and good health to you is Yeia sou.

Warmest Regards,
~ LadyD


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking part in my books bought meme. I truly appreciate it.

    Those are two great cookbooks. Added them to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!