Quote It: New Year's Day!

From LadyD Books, wishing you a very Happy 2011!

Welcome to Quote It!
Please feel free to grab the button and create your own post.
Add as many quotes as you wish, from whom ever you wish. It can even be lyrics to a song.
Just tell us who it is. Anonymous welcome too.
And please leave your link.



 What Are You Doing New Year's Eve
(A classic song written by Frank Loesser and sung by Ella Fitzgerald in 1960.)

When the bells all ring and the horns all blow
And the couples we know are fondly kissing.
Will I be with you or will I be among the missing?

Maybe it's much too early in the game

Ooh, but I thought I'd ask you just the same
What are you doing New Year's
New Year's eve?

Wonder whose arms will hold you good and tight

When it's exactly twelve o'clock that night
Welcoming in the New Year
New Year's eve

Maybe I'm crazy to suppose

I'd ever be the one you chose
Out of a thousand invitations
You received

Ooh, but in case I stand one little chance

Here comes the jackpot question in advance:
What are you doing New Year's
New Year's Eve? 



Wishes You a Swingin Christmas



Are you familiar with the song? I've sung it with my Cousin for the holidays... love Ella! 





Happy reading, happy singing, happy blogging to my awesome readers!
Building dreams, friendships and memories through the  New Year!


Blessings,
LadyD

“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.” — C. S. Lewis


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I love Ella Fitzgerald! Thanks for sharing!

    Happy New Year! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ella too! A wonderful song for your New Year's quote. Happy New Year's to you!

    I have my quote up, if you'd like to take a peek: http://quotemistress.blogspot.com/2011/01/quote-it-for-new-years-day.html

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!