The Friday 56: Max Lucado On Life


 Rules:

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post @ http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com.

It's that simple.

Max On Life: Max Lucado l LadyD Books


 LadyD Books is reading another great book by Max Lucado (I just love him!) and he answers some difficult questions in his writings. This book is a bit different from so many others of his that I have read. Yet, this author heralds truth and a great perspective to have on some of the life's issues. 


Have you read any Max Lucado books. If so, which ones? I just love him... Oh, I said that before!


Here's mine from "Max On Life: Answers and Insights to Your Most Important Questions."

Page 56: 


"The Greek word for worry, merimnao, stems from the verb merizo (divide) and nous (mind). Worry cleavers the mind, splitting thoughts between today and tomorrow."
Max On Life: Answers and Insights to Your Most Important Questions





“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis

My Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

  1. Very good definition of worry. Gets it exactly.

    Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/04/friday-56_08.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that one....I do tend to worry at times, and I know that it's robbing me of the joy of the moment.

    Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, who would have known? Today's 56 has a lot of interesting snippets/information. Love yours!

    My 56 is here

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so very true. It does cleave the mind!
    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quote! I have this book in my TBR pile, and can't wait to get into it. Max Lucado is also one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!