Skywatch Friday: My View

Skywatch Friday: LadyD Books

From my view, on this particular day. Some days are crystal clear and other days, well you just see clouds of gray for miles.



LadyD Books: Skywatch Friday

Skywatch Friday: LadyD Books
Visit Skywatch Friday (Meme Host)



I am a newbie when it comes to photography but I am learning lots of new things from my Cousin who is a professional photographer. For instance, we had this cool conversation about lighting. 

Backlight = Subject is between the photographer and the sun.


Front light = Photographer is between the sun and the subject. 


Gentle sunlight and when the light loses its intensity.


Hard light has strong, sharp shadows.  Hard light comes when there are no clouds --- just a merciless sun. 


Soft light is when there is an overcast or weak sun.  


There are subdued shadows or no shadows at all.


Each type of light has its own advantages and disadvantages. You learn how to work with each type.  It is fun learning what to do in various light situations. 

Photo #1 - original
Photo #2 - lomo-ish
Photo #3 - hdr-ish

Happy Skywatching! (Thanks, Squirrel Queen for the invite!)







“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis




My Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Pretty good shots for a newbie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to agree with Andy! And really terrific captures of beautiful skies! I particularly love the last one! Happy SWF! Hope you have a great weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!