Darling Dahlias

LadyD Books is participating in these memes:

http://blueberrycraftandhobbytime.blogspot.com/ 
http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com

I went to a Dahlia Garden while visiting in San Francisco. I noticed that the flower beds had tons of stakes. Seeing them grouped all together was a lovely site. I must confess that while researching for Dahlia quotes, I didn't seem to care for these at all. If you come up with something, please leave me a note... 
with love from darling dahlia.


Dahlia Garden: LadyD Books
The Dahlia is any composite plant of the genus Dahlia, native to Mexico and Central America, having tuberous roots and showy flowers.
Dahlia Garden: LadyD Books

The Dahlia is a lovely perennial for any border.


Dahlias are bright and beautiful. Their packed petals are saturated in rainbow hues.

Dahlia Garden: LadyD Books

You can get bulbs for huge Dahlia heads.

Dahlia Garden: LadyD Books

The crown jewel of summer and fall gardens.

Stop by and see what's happening at Surfin' Saturdays








“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis


6 comments:

  1. LOVE the second quote and all those pretty Dahlias!
    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I found you through the Surfin’ Saturdays Blog Hop and am your newest follower. I love these photos....I woke up to pouring rain this morning so your photos were just the thing to brighten my day, thank you! If you get a chance I’d love to have you “hop over” and check out my “Cupboard”…..hope to see you soon!
    ~KerrieLynn Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
    Blog: KLs Cupboard
    Facebook: KLs Cupboard
    Twitter: KLs Cupboard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    Beautiful flowers. I'll agree with you about the quote. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Just Books
    http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/06/saturday-snapshot-quote-it-saturday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many beautiful flowers. Which is your fave color?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think these look great when in big groups, great photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flowers! You always do such an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!