The Friday 56: giada's family dinners


The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice




Giada De Laurentiis is the author of the bestselling "Everyday Italian." What I like about her is that she uses fresh flavors of her native Italian cuisine. I love her recipes, especially because she uses garlic! lol

Eggplants from my garden


Here's my Pg. 56

"I love big, smooth, purple eggplants, but when I'm looking for a shortcut and don't want to take the time to salt them (which rids them of any bitter flavor), I use the more petite Japanese eggplants-they're the same color but thinner and not bitter."



From giada's family dinners by giada de laurentiis.

Eggplant: LadyD Books


I have  had the opportunity to grow these 3 kinds of eggplant and enjoy them all in many dishes. Perhaps it's an acquired taste and there are texture and taste to consider.


Clock and Eggplant Display: LadyD Books

So, I was wondering, do you like the eggplant? If so, how do you prefer to cook it? So many choices...
roasted eggplant with tomatoes sounds yummy!

If you'd like to participate in The Friday 56, stop by Freda's Voice.

 

-- LadyD

4 comments:

  1. I love Italian, I married one, but not a fan of Giada.

    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like eggplant...these are gorgeous photos, and now I'm hungry! LOL

    My favorite eggplant dish is eggplant parmigiana.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never bought eggplant, I wouldn't have a clue what to do with it. Loved your pictures, and maybe I should get some eggplant and use it as decoration, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love eggplant but I haven't cooked it in awhile. I like it roasted or lightly fried, pretty much anyway possible.

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!