Birthday Party

Little "me" walking down a country road.


So, I'm heading up north for the weekend because I have a birthday coming up on Tuesday. Thought it would be nice to leave the ranch for awhile since the weather has been so lovely here in southern California, especially for January. How I love to celebrate life!

Do you remember your first birthday? What about that party dress? Mom always turned my hair into pretty ringlets. Maybe that's why I grew up and wanted to be like Cher! :=)

Remember all the prep work? There were birthday invitations to purchase and send out. You had to make or purchase some birthday decorations. Then there was that gorgeous cake. Someone had to bake or cake for you or else one was ordered.

Fun times to read birthday cards and now we receive ecards. There were pretty packages to open. Some lovely birthday presents you received or perhaps you found a coupon inside that said "Free car wash!" How nice that people love giving and think you're special... and you are. (me, too!)

As each birthday came around, did you have a party theme? Were you just so pleased to have a sleepover or perhaps go to Jack-in-the-Box and a movie with some friends?

"Huggin' Cousins!"


I am so fortunate to have a loving, supportive family. (daughters and son and in-laws). I think you already know how much I enjoy being a "YaYa" and go absolutely bonkers being a grandmother of four. Indeed, I am blessed to be with the same handsome man for 40 years. My gosh, where does the time go? Speaking of the journey through all the seasons, I sincerely hope you will slow down, reflect and then grow some more... as I plan to do. After all, we are created for a purpose.

Have a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for being the special online friends that you are.

Love,






“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. You were and still are adorable!!! LOVE this post, will send a greeting on Tuesday though. <3

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!