Walking Water

Thailand waters

Don't these rocks look like they're walking or floating on the water? At daybreak, the boat, along with a small group of passengers, headed straight for these rocks reaching up to the sky, in Thailand waters with warm, humid temps.

trees in Thailand waters

Once inside the collection of huge rocks protruding from the water, these "walking sticks" or large tree men were discovered. I must say, with my imagination, these seem a bit scary.

trees along the waterside

Yet, I found these bent-over tree branches fascinating in their community of clustered walking tree-sticks!

boat on the water


monk and little boy

I love this photo of a monk and the little boy.

the no.1 ladies' detective agency

The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency

"She watched as he raised it to his lips and then, so suddenly, from that tiny cup of metal against his flesh, the sound would burst out like a glorious, brilliant knife dividing the air."
From National Bestseller "The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency" by Alexander McCall Smith

LadyD Books is linking up with the following memes today:


Skywatch Friday

The Friday 56 

Kids e-Connection

Warmly,

 





 “You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis
Enhanced by Zemanta

15 comments:

  1. That is a great choice, paints a wonderful picture. I have read several of her books and enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I'm looking forward to reading more. My mother-in-law wanted to share this one with me.

      Delete
  2. I have this book on my TBR stacks...but haven't read it yet. I must!

    Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos, and like you, I am drawn to the monk and child.
    I love McCall-Smith and have read a book or two myself. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee, she must be a good author. Thanks for the recommendation.

      Delete
  4. The monk and little boy is a nice capture. Our lake was flooded when the dam was installed back in the early 1900's. Now there are lots of stumps that look like they are walking along the shore when the water goes down in late summer and fall. Much like your walking trees, but no longer living. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear of the flood but how interesting of the stumps and I can sure visualize that. Thank you, I like the monk pic, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In answer to your question, the rocks have two purposes. I do like the looks and love to collect rocks for decoration. Also, when I cook on top of my wood stove using a dutch oven, I heat the rocks and put them on top to help keep the inside of the pot warmer. Kind of a substitute for coals on top, which wouldn't work indoors. - Margy

      Delete
  6. are you in thailand right now? as always your photos have made me a bit nostalgic!i've been to mangrove areas too ... lovely lovely! i love your book choice too -- great mystery series :)
    http://guiltlessreading.blogspot.ca/2012/10/friday-56-book-beginnings-keeping-score.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your series of photos. I've never been to Thailand but it looks beautiful. I also enjoyed reading the book you are featuring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Mangrove shots look glorious. Awesome shots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the mangrove shots. i suddenly miss our little island back home. i love seeing photos like the above. photos like this give me a good insight into other countries' culture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The "walking sticks" may seem a bit scary but they look interesting! LOvely shots!

    Visiting for color connection
    Bento Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, what a beautiful place to spend a weekend to.

    Thanks for joining Color Connection last week. Can't wait to see what color you are this week, the linky is up!

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!