My Rainbow Story

rainbow in the sky: LadyD Books

Oh my, the world is so colorful!


Yesterday around dusk, I looked up and said aloud, "I think the sky split open like a 50-50 bar!" You see, we're experiencing a tropical storm coming up from Baja, so it's been hot and humid with temps in the 90's. How is it where you are? For more sky photos, visit Skywatch Friday

What is a rainbow, anyways?


A rainbow is an optical and meteorological phenomenon that is caused by reflection of light in water droplets in the Earth's atmosphere, resulting in a spectrum of light appearing in the sky. It takes the form of a multicoloured arc. Rainbows caused by sunlight always appear in the section of sky directly opposite the sun. Read more from Wikipedia.

So, what are you reading?

Billy Graham In Quotes


I've opened up the 433 page book by Franklin Graham that is all about quoting his Dad! It's from ThomasNelson, Billy Graham in Quotes


The Friday 56

When confronted with the world's problems, we Christians say automatically: "Christianity is the answer." But this is not true! It is the application of Christianity that is the answer.
-- Billy Graham


My Story

For those of you who may not know, I was diagnosed with Stage 1 Breast Cancer in January of this year. After many tests, like mammograms, ultra sound and an MRI... I'm happy overjoyed to share with you my good news and hope that you will rejoice with me, I am cancer free.

PRAISE THE LORD!!!

Gen.9: 13-16


"I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds,  I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life.  Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."  

Irish Blessing  

I chose one word, JOY at the beginning of 2013 because I wanted to follow a blog meme at, Only A Breath. I desired to have real joy in my life, not just because 5 grandchildren already bring me an unlimited amount of joy... but because I sensed the stress that was increasing in this very troubled world we live in and I wanted to experience something deep within that could carry me beyond my feelings and be a lifeline, if you will... to whatever I was experiencing or seeing at the time. Little did I know, He had a plan for me through it all! So, for now I'm out of the woods but this is a yearly, on-going test and they say early detection is best. I agree... and I'm learning to express the joy in my heart with thanksgiving and praise each new day. Would you agree?

May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer. 




Happy Labor Day weekend, everyone!


Blessings,






“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis

No comments:

Print Friendly and PDF

Post a Comment

As always, so nice to hear from you!