Wouldn't Take Nothing For My Journey Now

Book Cover: Wouldn't Take Nothing For My Journey Now




 The Friday 56

"If I am comfortable inside my skin, I have the ability to make other people comfortable inside their skins although their feelings are not my primary reason for making my fashion choice."  -- Maya Angelou
 I liked reading this excerpt so much that I thought I would continue along with the author's thoughts..
Quotes from Wouldn't Take Nothing for My Journey Now (Paperback) by Maya Angelou

child wearing her hair up in a new style: LadyD Books

"If I feel good inside my skin and clothes, I am thus free to allow my body its sway, its natural grace, its natural gesture. Then I am so comfortable that whatever I wear looks good on me even to the external fashion arbiters."
child holding a teddy bear: LadyD Books

"Dress is important to mention because many people are impressed by powerful dictates on what is right and proper to wear. Those decisions made by others and sometimes at their convenience are not truly meant to make life better or finer or more graceful or more gracious. Many times they stem from greed, insensitivity, and the need for control."
granddaughter dressing up as Minnie Mouse: LadyD Books

"I have been in the company, not long to be sure, but in company hwere a purveyor of taste will look at a woman or man who enters a room and will say with a sneer, That was last year's jacket." As hastily as possible, I leave that company, but not before I record the snide attitude which has nothing to do with the beauty or effectiveness of the garment, but rather gives the speaker a moment's sense of superiority at, of course, someone else's expense."
granddaughter in wing back chair: LadyD Books

"Seek the fashion which truly fits and befits you. You will always be in fashion if you are true to yourself. You might, of course, rightly wear that style which is emblazoned on the pages of the fashion magazines of the day, or you might not."
granddaughter playing dress up: LadyD Books

"The statement "Clothes make the man" should be looked at, reexamined, and in fact re-evaluated. Clothes can make the man or woman look silly and foppish and foolish. Try rather to be so much yourself that the clothes you choose increase your naturalness and grace."

Wouldn't Take Nothing for My Journey Now (Paperback)




 “You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Print Friendly and PDF

Post a Comment

As always, so nice to hear from you!