We Are His True Beauty




Do you remember reading in 1Peter 3:3-4 about inner beauty? For those not familiar with the passage, it reads...

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight."
This morning I was reading this devotional (His Princess) by Sheri Rose Shepherd while enjoying a fresh cup of coffee. Here's the snippet I wanted to share with you:

You Are My True Beauty
Your real beauty is a work of art--hand-carved by Me. I have given you beautiful lips to speak words of life, beautiful eyes to see Me in everything, beautiful hands to help those in need, and a beautiful face to reflect My love to the world. I know you don’t see yourself the way I do because you compare yourself to beauty idols that will soon be forgotten. I will work wonders that will radiate true beauty from within. And when My work is completed, your character will show off My craftsmanship, and your beauty marks will be remembered by all that were loved by you.

I started to reflect on how blessed I am to have a healthy body and how gracious God has been to me over the years. It's true, I find that it is a balance to be a good steward with clothes shopping and such. For example, I like to purchase something new, sometimes hitting the thrift shops for good deals and then, recycling to give back what I don't need to our local charities. 

But I often think of those not so fortunate that are enduring the hard trial of chemo treatments and experiencing hair loss. My mother experienced the journey of lung and bone cancer. Through radiation and chemo, together we focused on what really mattered... the eternal beauty within. That is, knowing Christ and His love for you!

Now, I'm so proud to be YaYa of 5. These beautiful munchkins are always radiating genuine heartfelt love for me. In their youthfulness, we see Psalm 144:12.  

Then our sons in their youth    will be like well-nurtured plants,
and our daughters will be like pillars    carved to adorn a palace.
Oh, if we could see ourselves from God's perspective and through His lens! So for now, we continue to read His word because we know He is the one who changes lives. Our hearts long to reflect His character. In the meantime, let's be authentic with people about our walk with the Lord. Acts 2: 42

Flower Garden: LadyD Books
God's beautiful flower garden


Blessings,







“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis
© copyright 2015 – All rights reserved
LadyD Books

No comments:

Print Friendly and PDF

Post a Comment

As always, so nice to hear from you!