Wild Wig Sky



Cloudy Sky: LadyD Books
                                                          
                                                        Skywatch Friday


Just the other day, I went outside to walk thru our avocado grove and looked up and saw this stellar cloud display. I thought about the Usborne book I had been glancing through, called The Children's Book of Art by Rosie Dickins. Although this cloud formation looks like an angel greeting me with, "Welcome!", I'm currently reading about Andy Warhol who was born in the U.S. in 1928 and is famous for his bright, stylish prints of everything. I thought of his wig!


When I think of Andy, I immediately recall the famous 'soup can' image. Do you have a favorite?

Book Beginnings http://www.rosecityreader.com

"Art is a vast subject, including all kinds of pictures and sculptures. This book introduces 32 works by some of the world's most famous artists." -- The Children's Book of Art

I am passionate about the arts. Our grandson has an easel and happily paints away on a blank canvas at 4! He expresses himself freely with circles and horizontal lines; such freedom. I love this children's book and how beautiful the introduction is for personal creativity!

Page 56 http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com

"Warhol was fascinated by famous faces and carefully created a celebrity image of his own, wearing a wild white wig to make sure he stood out from other people." -- The Children's Book of Art

Here are some of the artists whose pictures are included in this book:




Cover of "Usborne The Children's Book of ...
Cover via Amazon

Usborne the Children's Book of Art: Internet Linked

Friday Foto http://photograph4life.blogspot.com

Strawberry Field and tractor: LadyD Books
Perspective: Preparing the Soil

Each year, especially right after the rainy season is over, the local farmers start preparing the fields for a huge strawberry patch. I was driving down a back road in the country and pulled out my 'lil point and shoot digital, instead of my Nikon 220. This green tractor was hauling and on the move, bit blurry... I know. He had a full days work ahead of him and I'm sure wanted to get the job ready for "planting time."

LadyD Books is participating in the following memes.







“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis
Enhanced by Zemanta

13 comments:

  1. Nice and interestings shots for SWF!Thank you for sharing and have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I appreciate your comment and stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Oh, great excerpts! Thanks for sharing....

    Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always take the time to stop by, thank you!

      Delete
  3. That seems like a fun book, I remember those photos that everyone loves to recreate with their own image.
    Beautiful skies too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Freda! It is fun to learn about the arts. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. Good photos. love interesting photos.
    http://sidnereading.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cloud formations, they are so beautiful. Looks like a great art book for kids and Andy Warhol is a favourite of mine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love clouds, too. So nice of you to stop by Pamela, thank you!

      Delete

As always, so nice to hear from you!