I finished reading this dessert cookbook by Martha Stephenson.
About The Book
If you're looking for the ultimate cookie decorating book that is packed full of delicious cookie recipes, more so than any other cookies cookbook, you have come to the right place. With the Cookies Cookbook: Over 25 Mouthwatering Cookie Recipes, you will get exactly that. This is an extensive cookie decorating book that contains over 25 sweet tasting cookie recipes and is packed full of helpful information that you will not find in any other cookies cookbook.
"These cookies are incredibly tasty, making it one type of cookie that even the pickiest of eaters will be begging for."
I love the book! You'll want to get this one because of the author's very important successful tips shared in the first two chapters. Most of us know that you chill your dough before baking it but there are more steps you don't want to overlook. I like the variety of recipes shared and the layout of the book is well organized. Red Velvet Sandwich and Classic Sugar Cookies are at the beginning, along with Oatmeal and Macaroons. Enjoy Peanut Butter, Snickerdoodles and Ginger Cookies, to name a few. Of course, there's a variety of Chocolate Chip recipes to discover, too. I especially like the Shortbread, Christmas Gingerbread Men and the Orange Cranberry Cookies that are perfect for the holiday season. The author has a great goal for the reader and that is to be able to take away from this book some helpful cookie making tips and create your own cookie recipes.
5/5 stars. Highly recommend.
About The Author
Martha is a chef and a cookbook author. She has had a love of all things culinary since she was old enough to help in the kitchen and hasn't wanted to leave the kitchen since. She was born and raised in Illinois, and grew up on a farm, where she acquired her love for fresh, delicious foods. She learned many of her culinary abilities from her mother; most importantly, the need to cook, with fresh homegrown ingredients if at all possible, and how to create an amazing recipe that everyone wants. This gave her the perfect way to share her skill with the world, writing cookbooks to spread the message that fresh, healthy food really can, and does, taste delicious. Now that she is a mother, it is more important than ever to make sure that healthy food is available to the next generation. She hopes to become a household name in cookbooks for her delicious recipes, and healthy outlook.
Martha is now living in California with her high school sweetheart, and now husband, John, as well as their infant daughter Isabel, and two dogs, Daisy and Sandy. She is a stay at home mom, who is very much looking forward to expanding their family in the next few years to give their daughter some siblings. She enjoys cooking with, and for, her family and friends, and is waiting impatiently for the day she can start cooking with her daughter.
More by the Author
Mason Jar Gifts
the Cupcake Diaries
Clean Eating Cookbook
Best Mexican Recipes in Town
Oriental Chinese Cookbook
Tasty Iced Pumpkin Cookies
Makes: 36 Cookies
Total Prep Time: 1 Hour and 20 Minutes
Ingredients for Your Cookies:
- 2 1/2 cups of flour, all purpose variety
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cloves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. butter, soft
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 c. of pumpkin, canned and puree
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Ingredients For Your Glaze:
- 2 cups of Confectioner's Sugar
- 3 TBL milk, whole
- 1 TBL butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Directions to Make Your cookies:
- The first thing that you will want to do is preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- While your oven is heating up take a large sized mixing bowl and combine your first 7 cookie dough ingredients until thoroughly mixed together. Set aside for later use.
- Then using a medium sized bowl cream your butter and white sugar together until light and fluffy in texture. Then add in your remaining ingredients and continue to beat thoroughly until creamy in consistency.
- Mix this mixture with your dry ingredients and stir vigorously until you begin to form a dough.
- Once your dough has formed, drop it by the spoonfuls onto a baking sheet, making sure to flatten it slightly.
- Place into your oven to bake for the next 15 to 20 minutes. After this size remove from oven and place your cookies onto a wire rack to cool. While your cookies are cooling, prepare your glaze.
Directions for Your Glaze:
- To make your glaze mix together all of your ingredients for your glaze in a small sized bowl.
- Make sure that you add in as much milk as you need until the glaze reaches your desired consistency.
- Pour your glaze over your cooled cookies and serve your cookies whenever you are ready. Enjoy!
I have no words... http://skyley.blogspot.com What are you watching and reading?
“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis
© copyright 2015 – All rights reserved