Flying Penguins

crows flying over snow topped mountain

Flying penguins? Not really... because every evening around 5:00 I've noticed a flock of crows heading down towards the valley. I'm able to see this beautiful mountain range from our living room window and just the other day the temps dropped much lower than we're used to. Hence, winter snow in So Cal but as usual, it all melted away the next day. For more sky photos, visit Skywatch Friday


Buy at Art.com
Emperor Penguin Chick and...
Buy From Art.com
With lots of trips to the zoo, I have spent many hours at the "penguin house" observing their lifestyle, mannerisms and you know, that cute "penguin walk" that they do. I just love this print.



The Friday 56

"You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."
-- Irish proverb
 My mother-in-law gave this book to me for Christmas and I just love it! This is a charming book filled with fairy tales, poetry, nursery rhymes, song, stories, words of wisdom, activities, and recipes. It has some elegant old-world type illustrations on quality paper and it is a fat, hardcover book. Lena Tabori is the publisher, director and founder of Welcome Enterprises, Inc. Alice Wong is the project director. For more information, visit www.welcomebooks.com


grandchildren

 Christmas Visit

Here are 2 of my grandchildren, ages 4 and 2. They play well together, they're good cousins and dear friends to one another. I cherish the moments with my grandchildren because our relationship is so special. We laugh a lot when we're together; cuddle, play, read, color, sing, and dance! My "one word" for this new year is JOY and with another grandbaby due any moment, I was thinking of those labor pains and this scripture came to mind:

"The Lord will do great things for me, and I will be filled with joy. I will sow in tears, then I will reap with songs of joy. If I go out weeping, Lord, carrying seed to sow, I will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with me." Psalm 126:3, 5-6) Photo for Color Connection

You may be interested in Penguin Books:

Baby Penguins Everywhere!
Penguin and Pinecone
Antarctic Journal: Four Months at the Bottom of the World
Africa via Antarctica: Sixty Sunsets in the Southern Hemisphere



Blessings,







“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis
Enhanced by Zemanta

18 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your photos...and your grandkids are adorable!

    Great excerpt, too.

    Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, Laurel. I appreciate you taking the time to say so!

      Delete
  2. Lovely capture of the skies and mountains. Sweet grandies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Irish Proverb!
    That sky shot threw me for a loop too... I was looking in the clouds and thought, yeah, lol, they look like penguins flying... the darker clouds that is. Then I finished scrolling down and saw the birds. Oh, what a giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love that view from your living room window... great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) my daughter just read a book about groups of animals and birds and we learned that a group of crows is a murder:) ..love the photos - all of them, and the books too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, and those banditos are so annoying to us farmers! It was great to hear from you again!

      Delete
  6. Great shot! Your grandkids are adorable. Happy sky watching.

    Sunken Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your blog post title! Thanks for commenting, Liz!

      Delete
  7. You are such a sweet grandma to your grandkids! Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your grandkids are adorable! looks like you're one great grandma. i'm sure the kids are always looking forward to visiting you. happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Penguin is such a cute animals to watch :-) You have beautiful grand kids :-) What a view that is with crows...amazing :-) Dropping by from Color Connection :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the photo of the penguins but the kids are precious!

    Thanks for linking up to Color Connection last week. Linky is up now.

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!