Friday 56: The Pony Problem

What's happening on Fridays? Gaby317 from New York hosts a meme called Friday 56.

Here's how it goes:


* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions
on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
*
Post a link along with your post back to this blog Starting Fresh and to Storytime with Tonya and Friends
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.


The funny thing is that I didn't reach for the coolest, most intellectual and favorite book. I reached over and grabbed another children's paperback book that was resting by my side.  I often find that my kiddo books are oh so simple in text! :) Turning to the fifty sixth page and reading to the fifth sentence, here's mine:


"I know". (But the neighbors mind my keeping Hopscotch in the yard.)

From The Pony Problem by Barbara Holland

About The Book:

When Jean Monroe wins a pony named Hopscotch in a contest, she can't believe it--and her neighbors don't want to believe it. They're doing everything they can to get rid of Hopscotch. When the A.S.P.C.A. comes to take her pony away, Jean knows she's got to come up with a miracle. And she may just have the faith and imagination to do it.

I hope you enjoy your stay at LadyD Books.
Thanks for stopping by!


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a book for me! I love horses and books about friendships with animals.

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!