Wordless Wednesday: Both Sides Now

Wordless Wednesday



 Wordful Wednesday
"Bows and flows of angel hair and ice cream castles in the air
And feather canyons everywhere, I've looked at clouds that way
But now they only block the sun they rain and snow on everyone
So many things I would have done, but clouds got in my way
I've looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down and still somehow
It's cloud's illusions I recall
I really don't know clouds at all
Moons and Junes and ferris wheels the dizzy dancing way you feel
As every fairy tale comes real, I've looked at love that way
But now it's just another show, you leave 'em laughin when you go
And if you care don't let them know, don't give yourself away
I've looked at love from both sides now
From give and take and still somehow
It's love's illusions I recall
I really don't know love at all
Tears and fears and feeling proud, to say, "I love you" right out loud
Dreams and schemes and circus crowds, I've looked at life that way
But now old friends are acting strange they shake their heads, they say
I've changed
But something's lost but something's gained in living every day
I've looked at life from both sides now
From win and lose and still somehow
It's life's illusions I recall
I really don't know life at all"
Judy Collins Lyrics: Both Sides Now 


Remember the song?


-- LadyD

“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.” — C. S. Lewis



Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful photos. I can't help but see sky photos and them make me calm and reflective.

    Colleen
    Shibley Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cloudscapes! Yes I remember that song, I sang along, hope I didn't burn your ear drum! wonderful landscapes. I am just a point & shoot, cross my fingers & hope they come out sort of gal ;) thanks for stopping, playing again & linking up! Faythe @GMT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes, I remember this song! We sang it in chorus when I was in eighth grade. And your cloud photos are beautiful - looking at them reminds me of the movie "Koyanasquatsi."

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!