Friday56: The Writer's Journey

Cover of "The Writers Journey: Mythic Str...Cover via AmazonThe Friday56 meme is today. Here's hoping all of my readers have a wonderful weekend. Many of you have heard on the news lately that California has been having 3 digit,  very hot weather. Indeed, it is true. We're having an Indian Summer!


The Friday 56 is a fun meme hosted by Freda's Voice.

Rules:

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.

*
Post a link along with your post back to this blog and to Freda's Voice

 


"Every hero is guided by something, and a story without some acknowledgement of this energy is incomplete."




From The Writer's Journey: Mythic Structure For Writers by Christopher Vogler


I'm really enjoying the book so far. It is a great resource for writers. I was wondering if you've read this one? What is your Friday 56? If you don't have one, maybe you'd like to join us.


As always, I'm thankful for my readers. Everyone enjoys reading a kind comment now and then.


-- LadyD


“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.” — C. S. Lewis



Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. This one sounds like a good resource....especially timely for those of us doing NaNoWriMo.

    Thanks for sharing....

    Here's mine:

    Click on my name....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    I love that book cover! Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Just Books
    http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2010/11/friday-56.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great 56! That sentence rings very true in my ears!
    Thank you for linking up!

    I see your quote and love it too. I wish to invite you to my Saturday meme "Quote It". Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an interesting and helpful read.

    Thanks for dropping by Starting Fresh.

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!