Friday 56: Michael Chiarello



 Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.

Once again, LadyD Books is participating in a Friday meme with, Friday 56 Hostess

Here's mine:


 "I love that burrata complements rich caramelized autumn vegetables just as easily as it dresses up summer tomatoes, figs, or watermelon."
From Michael Chiarello's BOTTEGA

 

This is a great cookbook about Bold Italian Flavors from the Heart of California's Wine Country.


Page 56 goes on to say, regarding Roasted Butternut Squash and Mushrooms with Burrata:

" Because it's so light, it adds the perfect fresh, creamy note to the plate. You can use any combination of mushrooms here. I like matsutakes, chanterelles, shiitakes, or morels but use what looks best at the farmer's market"...
The above description reminded me of Elizabeth's Photos on mushrooms that I wanted to share.

photo credit: By Elizabeth Cat

photo credit: By Elizabeth Cat

photo credit: By Elizabeth Cat

photo credit: By Elizabeth Cat

photo credit: By Elizabeth Cat

photo credit: By Elizabeth Cat

photo credit: By Elizabeth Cat

photo credit: By Elizabeth Cat

photo credit: By Elizabeth Cat

photo credit: By Elizabeth Cat

I was so fortunate to receive this wonderful cookbook from my cousin. Being Greek, I find myself cooking Italian food more and more. Isn't that a riot?! Truly, a delightful change from Greek food. You can pick up this HUGE, hardcover cookbook with exquisite photos for around $25.00
 Makes a great gift and an added plus to your own library.

Bottega: Bold Italian Flavors from the Heart of California's Wine Country


Love, LadyD

“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.” — C. S. Lewis


Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. Ah, that one tempts my tastebuds! Love the mushroom pix.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at caramelized.

    ;-)

    Thanks for participating! Have to watch for this book, I LOVE him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    Sounds like a great addition to the kitchen library. I'll have to check it out. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Just Books
    http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/01/friday-56.html

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!