Loone Chase

Cover of "Loon Chase"Cover of Loon Chase
 I just finished reading Loon Chase by Jean Heilprin Diehl. I learned about the Ojibwa language, The Cree connecting with the cry of the loon and how to make a ceremonial loon mask used by the Yup'ik (Eskimo) people. You can download the pattern from www.SylvanDellPublishing.com

The story starts with a mother and her son embarking on a peaceful canoe ride with their dog Miles. Trying to keep the dog away from the loons is quite a journey and the story unfolds with the boy actually meeting up with a loon.The pastel illustrations are superb.

I have personally been to Maine, have gone canoeing with my husband and have seen and heard the cry of the loons. It is a memory I will always treasure, a peaceful moment out in nature where all is at rest. You've got to get this very educational read and learn of the boy's journey with the loons and his dog.

This a very educational and delightful picture book.  5*





“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Print Friendly and PDF

Post a Comment

As always, so nice to hear from you!