Friday 56: Pond Life





Rules: Grab a book, any book. 
Turn to page 56. 
Find any sentence that grabs you. 
Post it.  Add your (url) post @ Freda's Voice 
It's That Simple





Page 56:

"Water Lettuce, a widespread, warm-climate species, is found in ditches, slow streams, and ponds in southeastern US. It's bright green, fleshy leaves grow as rosettes."




 Pond Life: Revised and Updated (Golden Guide)

 I have always loved the sound of moving water. I'm surrounded by fountains and love to watch birds gather for a drink before they take off in flight. Perhaps today a family of birds will stop by for local bath time. In nature, all seems so peaceful and in harmony when one comes across a pond.

-- Happy Friday!







“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis


Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. Oh, how gorgeous! The descriptive words and the photos drew me right in...I want to be there!

    Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great snippets! And I love the frog in the first picture.

    Here's my 56: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/03/friday-56_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great 56! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is interesting and sweet pics! I love the frog!
    Great Friday 56!

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!