The Friday 56: Curly Girl





 Little bit about the book...

Ironing your hair. Wrapping it. Setting it on juice cans (or, worse, soup cans). Plastering it with Dippity-Do. Since the Sixties, women with curly or wavy hair have been denying the obvious and trying to get that stick-straight look. Curls are finally in again, but a lot of curly types have no idea how to drop the blow dryer and let nature take its course.
Curly Girl: The HandbookHair Beauty & Fashion Books)
 


Here's my page 56: 

Avocado Wrap 

1 ripe avocado
3-4 teaspoons honey
8-10 drops almond oil

1. Peel and core the avocado, then mix in a blender with other ingredients.

2. Apply to wet hair, concentrating on the ends.

3. Wrap hair with clear plastic wrap or a towel. Leave on for 20-30 minutes.

4. Rinse thoroughly with warm water.

Point of Interest...

I live in an avocado grove and have never tried this. I guess it's because I enjoy eating them so much! lol
So,  tell me what you think "whattacurl wants."

 LadyD


So, if you'd like to join us, here's how it goes...

The Friday 56 Rules: 

*Grab a book, any book. 
*Turn to page 56. 
*Find any sentence that grabs you. 
*Post it. 
*Add your link to The Friday 56

3 comments:

  1. My daughter is one of those "curly" girls who does everything to keep it straight! I love curls and had none...sigh.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had straight hair all my life, then one day it was wavy. Now it's ringlets. My hairdresser and doctor say stress can change your hair. I suppose that's what happened to me.
    Crazy right?
    This is something I would definitely try just to give nourishment to my hair. Curly, wavy or otherwise.
    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That brings back some memories. I have light curls and there was a time I went through all of the above to get it straight. Now I'm loving the little bit of curl.

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!