Squash Blossoms

Squash Blossoms: LadyD Books

Big Yellow Squash Blossoms: LadyD Books

Squash Plant Blossoms: LadyD Books


Ants on Blossoms: LadyD Books

Squash is found in two groups, winter, and summer.

There is:


Crookneck

Straightneck

Scallop

Zucchini

Summer Squash

If you have the time, here is an excellent article, Cooking With Squash Blossoms


Summer Squash & Squash Blossoms From Seed To Supper
 

I was wondering if you have a favorite recipe to share... I've never had the experience of tasting squash blossoms but I found online Five Squash Blossom Recipes  



I am participating in these awesome Monday Memes:

Mellow Yellow Monday 

Mingle Monday

Giveaway Gallery


Happy Monday!

-- LadyD
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, you can cook those flowers right?!

    Yellow Lily, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, we're so behind you when it comes to our veggie season here in MN! I don't even have my cucumber in. I'm thinking its too late at this point. Oh well. Maybe next year!

    ~Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Squash is a common veggie around here but I've never seen squash blossoms as lovely as these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your squash blossoms are so beautiful, I haven't planted any this year but maybe there is still time.

    I have had the blossoms a couple of times, they are delicious.

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!