Through The Eyes Of A Child





Through the eyes of a child!



Are you looking for a book, a comprehensive overview of children's literature? Here is a remarkable book with tons of information regarding appropriate books for children's ages. (over 600 pages!) 

Through The Eyes Of A Child: An Introduction to Children's Literature


I found the Eighth Edition in the book store next door to our local library.  I already have the third edition (a gift),  but we are so fortunate to have a community who loves to recycle used books

Do you have a favorite local book store in your town?

 I love reading children's books. I look forward to Friday's Book Memes. Won't you join us?

Book Beginnings

How to participate: Share the first line (or two) of the book you are currently reading on your blog or in the comments. Include the title and the author so we know what you're reading. Then, if you would like, let us know what your first impressions were based on that first line, and let us know if you liked or did not like the sentence. Book Beginnings on Friday is a meme hosted by Katy from A Few More Pages.


Here is my opening sentence this week:
"Literature entices, motivates, and instructs."
-- Through The Eyes Of A Child

The Friday 56 

Rules:

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Add your link to The Friday 56



Here is my sentence (or two) from Page 56.

"Greenaway continued illustrating books that reflected happy days of childhood and the blossoming apple trees and primroses that had dotted the English countryside of her youth. In a letter to her friend, John Ruskin, Greenaway described her view of the world:

I go on liking things more and more, seeing them more and more beautiful. Don't you think it is a great possession to be able to get so much joy out of things that are always there to give it, and do not change?"

Through the Eyes of a Child: An Introduction to Children's Literature (with MyEducationKit) (8th Edition)


 
Follow Friday


Today's question (as it's Remembrance Day and all) is 'who is your favorite soldier and how are they saving the world?' It can be fictional or real. Parajunkee and Alison Can Read 

Marines posing with the 'Cat in the Hat' at a local book fair!


 I am thankful for my Dad and my four Uncles (many more cousins) who served in the military to protect our freedom during WWI and WWII. Happy Veterans Day!



LadyD Books is linking with,







“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis






My Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful book. Have to say I really love the opening. I assume that is your grandbaby?? Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute baby! and a wonderful book - I would love to have it in my bookshelf.. am going to go look for it. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great opening photo! and i love the lines you've picked, so heartwarming! (and cat in the hat will always have a place in my heart!)

    http://guiltlessreading.blogspot.com/2011/11/friday-56-in-high-fidelity.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. almost forgot to read the 56 as I was cooing with baby pic. lol.
    http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well first I have to say the baby in your photo has the prettiest eyes. This sounds like a really interesting book. I love the opening line.

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!