Fire Dragon Sky


Fire Dragon Sunrise

How quickly the sky changes

Photography Meme
SkyWatch Friday 

I took these photos with my D200 @ 5:00 a.m. looking towards the south east... amazing! What a contrast with the palm trees and overhead power lines.
For ages 5 and up

  
Book Memes:

Book Beginnings

My Mom Is a Dragon

How cool is this title?!! I love this book. I went to our local library yesterday and found this sweet, little hardcover book written by Tricia Morrissey, called "My Mom Is A Dragon And My Dad Is A Boar." The calligraphy featured in this book are created by calligrapher and artist Kong Lee. The pictures and descriptions are  celestial and majestic, so perfect for introducing children,  (and adults) to Chinese traditions about the zodiac. (Twelve Lunar Animals)

Page 56

Year of the Dragon (2012)

"Explosion and excitement follow the Dragon wherever she goes. With a hasty temper and shrewd confidence, she throws caution to the wind. The dragon is whimsical, wild and unstoppable. She pays no attention to mistakes, but blazes forward with mighty enthusiasm. Do not get in her way, but enjoy her from afar with wide open eyes."
For more information about Asia and Asia-related activities for kids, visit ThingsAsian.com

You'll find a friendly coloring page dragon, here. Plus Chinese New Year Craft Books.

So when does Chinese New Year begin? January 23, 2012

I love learning about other cultures. How about you?

Please click on the buttons below to follow great memes!







“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis
Enhanced by Zemanta

10 comments:

  1. I am a sign under the dragon. (^_^)
    LOVE those fire skies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures! The sky is on fire!
    Happy Friday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing capture! Lovely silhouette :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your photo! You have a great eye for colour!

    And thanks for the heads up - I am trying to get some good Asian reads in my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a lovely little book. I also love to learn about different cultures. I was born in the Year of the Rat which of course makes sense when your nickname is taken from another rodent. :)

    Love that fiery sky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely sunrise photos. I rise early when I can because a sunrise is a gift that I give to myself and they're each different.

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!