Squirrel Day in Paradise: Quote It Saturday

squirrel photo for national squirrel day


Today is National Squirrel Day! I have a blogger friend who  is really into squirrels. Her nickname is SquirrelQueen and honestly, I go nuts over her blog,  Thru Squirrel Eyes. 

Quote It Saturday at Freda's Blog

A squirrel is just a rat with a cuter outfit!
Sarah Jessica Parker


If we had a keen vision of all that is ordinary in human life, it would be like hearing the grass grow or the squirrel's heart beat, and we should die of that roar which is the other side of silence.

George Eliot


 Living is no laughing matter: you must live with great seriousness like a squirrel for example - I mean without looking for something beyond and above living, I mean living must be your whole occupation.
Nazim Hikmet

The idea is that there is a kind of memory in nature. Each kind of thing has a collective memory. So, take a squirrel living in New York now. That squirrel is being influenced by all past squirrels.
Rupert Sheldrake

bird of paradise
Birds of Paradise
Flowers on Saturday at Ewa's Blog

Also known as Crane Flowers, these exotic plants grow everywhere on my property. They definitely represent a brightly colored bird. They are fan-like, take lots of sunshine and they have banana shaped leaves. Birds of Paradise are native to South Africa. I'm so lucky to step outdoors and see them. Perhaps I'll cut some today and put in an elegant glass vase.


InLinkz.com

Have a wonderful weekend!






“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis
Enhanced by Zemanta

9 comments:

  1. familiar to me, now i know the name :) great shots!

    http://thelayugan.blogspot.com/2012/01/purple-beauty.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! Plenty of them here in country,as this flower thrive on hot climate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I didn't know these "birds" were in Singapore, too!

      Delete
  3. Very interesting!!I did not know there was a national squirrel day.

    I am following from the Gathering Hop. Please stop by Lioness Rebirth sometime.


    Lioness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Following you back and added you in my Google+ Circle, thanks!

      Delete
  4. Lovely flower! I love Judy's blog too, she is a great blogger and friend.
    LOVE the SJP quote! So chic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy National Squirrel Day!
    Of all the people who should have remembered this date guess who forgot about it! My squirrel friends are going to be so upset with me. :O

    I love the Crane flower. I always see them when we are down your way and wish they would grow here.

    Thanks for the shout!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never seen a birds of paradise in our place but its pretty. Visiting from FOS!

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!