Harry Horse: The Last Cowboys

Avocado Grove: LadyD Books

 The going was tough for the rest of the afternoon. The road was very dusty and full of holes. Several of us had hiked a few miles along the trail.



 We had to keep stopping as my grandson insisted on inspecting every rabbit hole we went past.


We traveled to the top and saw a local golf course in our town.

View of Houses: LadyD Books

Eventually, we made our way through the pine trees near our neighbor's yard.

Pine Tree Collage: LadyD Books

When we rounded the corner, we were greeted by an Egret, much to our surprise!


But then, he flew away and was off to other parts of the land.



 I'm reading a Chapter Book called The Last Cowboys, written by Harry Horse. He was the author-illustrator of many books for children, including The Last Polar Bears, The Last Gold Diggers and The Last Castaways. He was also a political cartoonist for several national newspapers in the United Kingdom. Read more 
about him at www.littlerabbit.net


The Last Cowboys

Page 56
"The moon came up and threw a ghostly light on the road. I write the last of this letter by the light of my last candle in the tent. Roo is asleep in my sleeping bag. How will we get home?" -- Anxiously, Your Grandfather
My Cowboy Grandson: LadyD Books

My grandson helping us out on the ranch; my favorite cowboy!

For other great photos, LadyD Books is participating in the following memes,








 “You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis
Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful series of shots. I also would be surprise to see the egret. ^_^

    Kim,USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photographs, as always. Great snippet, too, which aroused my curiosity.

    Thanks for sharing...and here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why he's you're favorite cowboy! What a cutie! I love the rest of the photos as well.

    Here are my Friday Memes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your grandson is adorable! Sounds like you had a great adventure together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great trip!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a grnad cowboy helping you! And yes, he looks like one, wanting to see rabbits or Winnie the Pooh's:):)

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!