Book Review: One Little Christmas Tree

one little christmas tree

One Little Christmas Tree, a children's picture book, is written by the Curto Family & Rusty Fischer. Best for ages 4-8 (preschool to early elementary).

I had the opportunity to take my 3 children to tree farms every year because we lived in the country and the hills were covered with Christmas tree farms. Every December our home smelled of Douglas Fir, the real deal. Now that I am older and soon to be a grandma of 5, I have an artificial tree and miss the earthly tree fragrance but the grand littles now have the experience of choosing their own tree. This special book reminds me of our experience as a family. I think this little paperback book would be a great addition to your library or reader.

Book Description


 Alfred is a young tree at Carl's Christmas Tree Farm in beautiful Spruce Creek, North Carolina. As all trees do, Alfred starts out with big hopes about being picked each Christmas to be a wonderfully decorated tree for the family he 'inherits.' Time passes and Alfred becomes disappointed that he has not been picked yet. To comfort him, his friend, Mr. Phipps, urges him to be patient and that one day he will be welcomed into a warm, inviting home for the perfect family. Does Alfred get his wish? Will he become a welcome addition to a loving family?

Book Review 

A charming story about  big tree (Mr. Phipps) and little tree (Alfred) discussing their life purpose on Carl's Christmas Tree Farm. Since Christmas time is about being with family, Alfred learns slowly through time that as he continues to grow into his fullest potential and height, someone will want to bring him inside to be the center of holiday celebration and bring joy to everyone. You'll want to find out if one boy, named Elmer chooses Alfred or if it's the other way around. An easy reader with warm messages on patience, belonging, family and friendship; with very cute illustrations. 


5/5 stars, recommend

One Little Christmas Tree: A Children's Christmas Picture Book (Volume 1)

Thanks for the opportunity Vincent C. Curto to review One Little Christmas Tree, A Children's Christmas Picture Book. For more information, visit http://www.OneLittleChristmasTree.com

Photos for Blue Monday 


granddaughter on tree stump: LadyD Books

alone in the forest: LadyD Books


granddaughter resting on tree limb: LadyD Books

climbing up the tree: LadyD Books

heading up the tree: LadyD Books


Little Flora and I walked back up the old grove trail along a slight incline, and then once back inside the ranch, we decided to make some Cinnamon Applesauce Ornaments. Have you made these before? I got the idea and instructions on how to make them from 5 Orange Potatoes

cinnamon-applesauce tree ornaments

I knew I had the applesauce and cinnamon in my kitchen. All set to go but first, we took a little time-out to enjoy a peanut butter sandwich with homemade peach jam.

homemade applesauce: LadyD Books

homemade peach jam: LadyD Books


orange lantana: LadyD Books



Orange Lantana at the bottom of our grove and peach jam for Mandarin Orange Monday

I know I have been sharing a lot with you on my only granddaughter's visit with me. The memories are still fresh and endearing. As many of you know, I'm a piano teacher. So I thought I would take a moment to share some talent that runs in our family (not bad for 2 years old!)... enjoy!


What do you think? Does she have the makings of a "little star?!"

You may be interested in other Christmas stories I've reviewed:

The Little Shepherd

The King's Christmas List

Christ's Cake

God Gave Us Christmas

Blessings,






“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis
Enhanced by Zemanta

11 comments:

  1. What a delight your granddaughter is . . . she's just precious, and I could easily tell that she has the rhythm and words down of the song.

    Happy Blue Monday, D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sally, your comment warms my heart.

      Delete
  2. Oh such a talent! Not bad all!

    Visiting from mandarin Orange Monday. Your comment on my Orange entry will be much appreciated.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose. Indeed, so much talent for 2 years old.

      Delete
    2. A late visit from Blue Monday.
      I hope that you can still drop by and comment on my BLUE post.
      Thanks and have a great evening.

      Delete
  3. Grandchildren are great. Lovely photos! Have a great week too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hans. Your comment is much appreciated.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful photos. I love the darling little girl in her colorful socks. Your picture of flowers is gorgeous and the peach jam looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Faye. She loves her colorful leggings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh she is so adorable :) thanks LadyD for sharing this I really enjoy the video too such a very talented little one.

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!