Storm Approaching

storm approaching: LadyD Books

 With hopes held high, we continue to wait for rainfall. With the last storm, we had a little over an inch of rain here in SoCal. Not bad, and indeed we welcome "free water." We've heard stories on the weather channel about all the rain storms that have been happening in abundance in Northern California for this time of year. Looks like we'll be getting a sprinkle or two since this storm is passing us and heading on towards New Mexico. We'll continue to have temps in the 70s, so we're looking pretty good for December. How is it where you are? Skywatch Friday

There's a funny part in one of my hubby's favorite movies, "I heard there's talk of a blizzard." Have you seen this movie with Bill Murry and Andie MacDowell?

Groundhog Day

Walk along Oceanside Harbor: LadyD Books

After a storm, we love to head towards the beach and look for seashells that have been washed up towards the shore. As you can see, my daughter and granddaughter have a way to go before they come across a beautiful sand dollar. I just love looking at their footprints in the sand, such a beautiful legacy to enjoy. I think our pier is fantastic and some days it is crowded with the fisherman  coming from all over. Do you have a pier near you? Linking up with Color Connection.


sketching outdoors in summer by jim arnosky

 I love how artists experience nature close up and share their talents with the world!


Book Description

With the same delight and reverence that suffuse Drawing from Nature and his other award-winning books, Jim Arnosky invites artists of all ages to experience nature close up by sketching outdoors at a special time of year--summer.

The Friday 56

"It's a good thing pencils can float. During the summer I spend a lot of time around, in, and on water. As a boat moves about on water, its shape appears to change with each new angle of view." -- Jim Arnosky for Freda's Voice
Happy Reading!






“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis
Enhanced by Zemanta

18 comments:

  1. Calling by today as another Skywatch Friday participant, great story sky composition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, LindyLouMac... much appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Dropping by from Color connection. I love all your pictures, but the one that touched my heart was the picture of your daughter and grandchild.
    My entry: A day of gratitude: Willyouhearfromme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy! Always a blessing to hear from you.

      Delete
  3. What great changes in that sky! And the 56 made me wonder if pencils actually float, plus I found it heartwarming that was his response.
    Love your family shot too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freda, how I love when you stop by... thank you!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful clouds. I love the beach scene too. Two of my favourite things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Joyful. I love to visit your part of the world.

      Delete
  5. Is it a how to sketch book or a series of anecdotes about artists?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a "how to sketch book", Brona Joy. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  6. your post made me feel all warm and fuzzy. i love walks on the beach and shell hunting! I've heard of the movie but havent watched it ... is it funny, as most bill murray ones are? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilarious! My hubby and son watch it over and over!

      Delete
  7. Howdy! I love to read but my favorite thing is to hear the sea slap against boulders and watch the sky change and walk in the sand and breathing sea air. I adore your photograph because all these feeling emerged.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce, thanks for following. I'll return the favor. Indeed, it is great to be outdoors!

      Delete
  8. the first photo was captured so beautifully. i love the photo of your daughter and granddaughter. i love walking in the sand.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice photo, the blue sky is so nice to see!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the sand dollar, I have four of them. Our neighbor gave it to my kids when they returened from their trip to Cali.

    Color Connection's linky for this week is up. Thanks for joining last week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do not leave a response, however after browsing some of the comments on "Storm Approaching".
    I do have a few questions for you if it's allright. Could it be only me or does it look like like a few of the comments appear like they are written by brain dead folks? :-P And, if you are writing at additional online social sites, I would like to follow you. Could you make a list of the complete urls of all your social networking pages like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?
    Also visit my web blog - how to get rid of static cling

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!