Photo for Skywatch Friday
This unusual cloud formation that I discovered in the wee morning hour, well it reminds me of the children's story, "Noisy Newt." Have you heard it before? Needless to say, one usually finds a newt along the ground but what pray tell, does this cloud coming at you remind you of? It must have been around 5 or 6:00 a.m. and this newt was approaching over the mountains towards my eastern view.
|Photo credit: Franthony|
The Friday 56 Quote
I'm currently reading Alphabet Stories by Jill M. Coudron. This paperback book is about puppets and picture stories that teach letter recognition and sounds. I just couldn't post one sentence from this cute little story... So, here are all 8 points. Let me know what snippet is most enjoyable for you. Keep in mind that this is a favorite short story for my 1/2-year-oldld grandson!
2. Noisy lives in a nest with eight other newts. They are all noisy, but Noisy is the noisiest newt of all. The nine newts sit in their nest night and day and noisily make this sound: "N-N-N-N-N-N-N!"
3. Noisy and the other newts love the number nine. They often sing "nine" nine times like this: "Nine-nine-nine-nine-nine-nine-nine-nine-nine!" Can you do that?
4. The newts eat nuts and noodles. They leave their nests to look for them. Then they bring the nuts and noodles back to their nests to nibble.
5. One day, when the nine newts were out hunting for nuts and noodles, a nosy porcupine passed by. He tromped right through Noisy's nest and accidentally left a few of his prickly needles. Oh, no! Noisy won't know there are needles in his nest!
6. As night fell, Noisy was the first newt to return to his nest. He crawled into his nice neat nest, got ready to nibble, and shouted, "Oh, no! Needles in my nest!"
7. The other newts heard him and rushed to help. They carried him to see Nifty Nurse. Nifty Nurse carefully pulled all the needles out of Noisy and helped him feel nice again. The other newts were so glad to see that Noisy was OK, they happily made their newt sound: "N-N-N-N-N-N-N!"
8. Noisy thanked Nifty Nurse and went home to what used to be his nice neat nest. He and the other newts took out the nasty needles and said, "No needles now!" From that night on, all the newts carefully checked their nests before crawling in. Can you hear the newt nibbling noisily on their nuts and noodles? "N-N-N-N-N-N-N!"
At my grandson's house, he likes to spend some of his time indoors on his mother's computer. If he's not playing Angry Birds, then he's probably reading an eBook. It's amazing to me how quickly they learn new technology. Most of the time you'll probably find my grandson outdoors fishing!
* affiliate links in this post*
Have you ever owned a newt for a pet or just happened to find one along the way?
“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis