Book Review: My First Hands-On Bible


My First Hands-On Bible
Tyndale Kids
 I received a preschool skills checklist from Leapfrog and one of the points discussed, holding a book properly and turning pages.
I want to share a good one with you. 

While you're here, have a look at the wooden toy my grand kids love to play with! 


Noah's Ark: LadyD Books
Noah's Ark


Book Description

 
    Reading level: Ages 4-8
    Hardcover: 416 pages
    Publisher- Tyndale Kids (July 1, 2011)
    Language: English
    ISBN-10: 1414348304

    ISBN-13: 978-1414348308

 

From the Back Cover

"The Bible young children can really get their hands on!

Go from just reading the Bible with your kids to experiencing it! My First Hands-On Bible does what no other Bible can—it brings the Bible to life with fun activities and games that tie directly to the Bible stories...


With My First Hands-On Bible, kids will get into the Bible, and the Bible will get into their hearts, giving them a priceless foundation of faith in God."

 

My Review

I've been looking for a good children's Bible for my grandsons who are 3 and 5 years of age. I found it and preschoolers will experience so much fun learning about 85 Bible stories from  
from the New Living Translation. What I like most about the Bible for children is that there is a connection with Bible stories and kids using fun games and activities; a winning combination. 

Here are some positive features that I gleaned in reading My First Hands-On Bible.


+ Simple text with Bible scriptures from Genesis-Revelation



+ Simple “Hands on activity”



+ Simple learning point reinforced with rhyming prayer



+ Simple questions focused on God to talk about



+ Simple interactive activities, reinforcing learning and application



+ Simple Sunday School Songs to sing!



+ Simple favorite of mine is Connecting with Jesus through Bible story



With simple text, the engaging reader will stay with the words, along with soft illustrations drawing preschoolers in to focus on hearing more of the Bible story.



I recommend this great resource for any church group, Sunday school class, families, and gift-giving. 

***** Book! It has value and quality.



Copy provided by Tyndale  for my book review.








“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

As always, so nice to hear from you!