The Friday 56: Water for Elephants


Cover Artist: Charles Mason

LadyD Books is participating, along with Freda,  in a weekly book meme called The Friday 56

I apologize dear readers for missing out on your selections this past week. My sister-in-law had a massive stroke. Life can be so fragile at times. She is making progress during her stay at rehab. It is a balance, I suppose to walk about and smell the roses and then to come inside and chat on the internet with all the lovely peeps in my life, thank you.

When I am able to join in, I love to share what holds my interest. I must say, Sara Gruen's Historical Romance Novel, Water for Elephants, has captured my complete attention!

You can find the excerpt on Page 56 here:

"He grabs me by the scruff and smashes my face into the door frame. With his  other hand, he yanks open the sliding door and 
chucks me inside. I fall forward, my hands outstretched."

 -- The story is told as a series of memories by Jacob Jankowski, a "ninety or ninety-three-year-old" man who lives in a nursing home.

I'm interested to know what book you are holding as well.








“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis

Enhanced by Zemanta