Ten Years Later: 9/11/11

LadyD Books: Oceanside, California
Flowers on Saturday

 9/11 is a very personal memory for me. You see, my friend, Tom McGuinness, was the Co-Pilot on that day, the first plane to hit the tower. He and his wife & their two kids, Tommy and Jennifer went to our church. Many times I saw their smiles out in the lobby or at a friend's home fellowship group. All that changed on 9/11, as you know. They had 2 Memorial services for Tom, one on the East Coast and one on the West Coast at my church. I played the keyboard, along with the worship team, as my best friend sang "God Bless America," while watching a very brave wife, Cheryl and her son & daughter, sit in the front row. 

The military was there, along with the news media and after our song, Cheryl (a very brave woman) made her way to the stage to share her thoughts to a crowd that overflowed from the church, out over the lawn, to the parking lot.  Tom's wife shared that it was a normal morning of having breakfast, sharing devotions,  hugging one another, saying goodbye with a  tender, "I love you."

You know the rest of the story. Where were you when the towers were hit? It is indeed a time for solemn reflection and prayer today. You know, everyone knew someone that was in this terrible tragedy. I thank you for listening to my story. Please say a prayer for the Mc Guinness family and for all, especially the United States of America.

 In honor of Tom McGuinness

Hopefully, you'll be able to hear us on the music file.



Download this file (right click and "save target as")

Quote It Saturday (Meme)

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com

 

Irving Berlin
God Bless America lyrics

While the storm clouds gather far across the sea,
Let us swear allegiance to a land that's free.
Let us all be grateful for a land so fair,
As we raise our voices in a solemn prayer:

God bless america
, land that I love,
Stand beside her and guide her
Through the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans white with foam,
God bless america,
My home sweet home.

-- irving berlin

I think my favorite clip that touches my heart is the song from Alan Jackson. How about you?

 



Blessings,






“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis




Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful quotes shared in honor of tomorrow. May God bless you for remembering and honoring the fallen.
    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is amazing! I need to hang our flag! A friend gave me a 9/11 flag and I will be proud to hang it!

    ~Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know personally anyone who was affected by this great tragedy, but when that day I've seen the images of the planes, I just couldn't believe what happend,
    my heart goes out to all the families

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!