Wordless Wednesday: Piggies and Toesies and Book Review

Wordless Wednesday

 Wordful Wednesday:

"For you created my innermost being:
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully
and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well." - Psalm 139:13-16


When God Created My Toes by Dandi Daley Mackall


Book Description:

When God Created My Toes

by Dandi Daley Mackall; illustrated by David Hohn

Price: $9.99

Format: Hardcover

ISBN: 9781400073153

Release: 8.19.2008

Juvenile Fiction - Religious - Christian

Book Review:

A wonderful picture book, by Dandi Daley Mackall, for every preschool to kindergarten girl  with child-like drawings, along with gorgeous professional illustrations by David Hohn.

The delightful story has a strong beginning with "When God created my toes" and a scripture in the Psalms. The story line moves along quite nicely in rhyme form, addressing other parts of the body such as knees, eyes, hands, etc.

There is a sense of warmth throughout the book as the little girl tenderly asks some very important questions that lovingly need answering. I especially like how the author and illustrator have captured the love and joy that surrounds the mother, father and pretty little girl, with the security of a family. 

***** stars! I love the book. It's excellent and perfect for my granddaughter. A treasure, for sure.
If you are looking for a book to reinforce positive beginnings of self esteem, nurturing and affirmation, then this is the one.  

Thanks to Blogging for Books for providing a complementary copy of the book for my review.



When God Created My Toes (Dandilion Rhymes)

By the way, I'm having a giveaway... photo-collage-maker!

LadyD Books is linking with,










“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis




My Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Enhanced by Zemanta