Wordless Wednesday: Piggies and Toesies and Book Review

Wordless Wednesday

 Wordful Wednesday:

"For you created my innermost being:
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully
and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well." - Psalm 139:13-16


When God created My Toes: Book Review
When God Created My Toes by Dandi Daley Mackall


Book Description:

When God Created My Toes

by Dandi Daley Mackall; illustrated by David Hohn

Price: $9.99

Format: Hardcover

ISBN: 9781400073153

Release: 8.19.2008

Juvenile Fiction - Religious - Christian

Book Review:

A wonderful picture book, by Dandi Daley Mackall, for every preschool to kindergarten girl with child-like drawings, along with gorgeous professional illustrations by David Hohn.

The delightful story has a strong beginning with "When God created my toes" and scripture in the Psalms. The storyline moves along quite nicely in rhyme form, addressing other parts of the body such as knees, eyes, hands, etc.

There is a sense of warmth throughout the book as the little girl tenderly asks some very important questions that lovingly need answering. I especially like how the author and illustrator have captured the love and joy that surrounds the mother, father, and pretty little girl, with the security of a family. 

***** stars! I love the book. It's excellent and perfect for my granddaughter. A treasure, for sure.
If you are looking for a book to reinforce positive beginnings of self-esteem, nurturing and affirmation, then this is the one.  

Thanks to Blogging for Books for providing a complimentary copy of the book for my review.



When God Created My Toes (Dandilion Rhymes)

By the way, I'm having a giveaway... photo-collage-maker!

LadyD Books is linking with,










“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis





1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I ADORE how you bring photos to go along with books! Such a wonderful and unique idea! Those real baby toes are yummy!! =)

    ~Mimi

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!