High Lily Pads and Books (Photo Meme)

synchronized lilies: LadyD Books
Synchronized Lily
I love the simple beauty of the lily pad flower represented here because it seems so regal and free residing atop the calm water pool. I have always been a secret admirer of their grace and beauty.
pond lily: LadyD Books
Pond Lily

The lily pad photos are for Mellow Yellow Monday. For more "yellow" photos, visit this fun meme at their site.
lily reflection
Lily Reflection












These aqua lily plants grow in abundance near the mountains and lakes in SoCal. There's just bound to be a frog on the lily pad somewhere. For more blue photos, visit Sally's meme at Blue Monday

frog and toad fountain: LadyD Books
Frog and Toad visiting nearby.

As summer nearly comes to an end here, we've decided to re-do our homemade fountain and pond. I guess we really didn't know what we were doing. Perhaps we'll just drain it and fill the area with succulents.
eleven lily pads: LadyD Books
A great summer show of the lily pad. (11 of them)

There's just something about hearing and seeing the flow of water; so soothing. The white items inside the fountain are floating candles.
summer lily pad in bloom: LadyD Books
My Summer Water Lily



Lily pad wikipedia says, "Nymphaeaceae /ˌnɪmfˈs/ is a family of flowering plants. Members of this family are commonly called water lilies and live in freshwater areas in temperate and tropical climates around the world. The family contains eight genera. There are about 70 species of water lilies around the world."




Books About Lily: LadyD Books
Board book, picture book, and hardcover books about Lily.

Lillies in the fountain: LadyD Books
Eight lily pads in my fountain.

There are oodles of children's reading books regarding Miss Lily. 
Here are just a few for Book Sharing Monday.

Smile Lily!
Lily + the Imaginary Zoo
Sweetheart Fairies: Lily's Twinkly Bedtime
Begin Smart Lily's Potty
Miss Lily's Fabulous Pink Feather Boa

As I was watching the last day of the Olympics with the rest of the world, I was so impressed with all the ladies participating in Rhythmic Gymnastics. They reminded me of the 'lily in motion.'

rhythm gymnastics
Rhythmic gymnastics is a sport that combines elements of ballet, gymnastics, dance, and apparatus manipulation.

performance in Bulgaria
Bulgaria in action during the performance.

rhythm gymnastics
Balarus perform in the Rhythmic Gymnastics Finals
Happy reading and Happy Blue Monday!

 



 “You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis
Enhanced by Zemanta

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your blues.

    Happy Blue Monday, D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful water lily I always love to see those flowers. Thanks for sharing the photos it's awesome!


    Kim, USA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love water lilies -- I have one as my trademark, on my business card, etc. You can see it on my blog -- they're perfectly symmetrical and beautifully formed -- your pics are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely water lilies. I've ever had purple ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see your pretty shots of the lily pads. We do not get enough rain here to have many.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that reflection!

    Visiting from Blue Monday..
    Elephant Ride is my BLUE, would be delighted for your comment. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pics are gorgeous. I want to read "Hello Lily" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful shots. amazing Olympics. sorry for the l8 visit, hope you could visit my Blue Monday here: http://www.memorylanebymel.com/memory-lane-monday-27-clinton-square-park-travels-at-syracuse-part-1/

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!