Picture Books- Top Ten List

Picture Books
I recently read this cool article by Laurie Mayhew from Seattle Children's Literature Examiner titled Top ten list: picture books. Laurie says, "When you say "children's books" to someone, chances are the image that pops into their head is that of a picture book. Picture books are most children's gateway into the world of literature and reading. At best, they combine a great story with fabulous pictures and bring a child's imagination to life." 

Read more at
http://www.examiner.com

Laurie breaks down her list with age groups... I like that organization! I'll start today's post with the little folks first.


For young listeners:

1. Good Night Gorilla by Peggy Rathmann- $7.99


Good Night, Gorilla

2. Grandfather Twilight by Barbara Berger- $6.99


Grandfather Twilight (Paperstar Book)

3. Time for Bed by Mem Fox and Jane Dyer- $6.95


Time for Bed

4. I Went Walking by Sue Williams and Julie Vivas- $7.00



I Went Walking [I WENT WALKING]

5. Bear Snores On by Karma Wilson and Jane Chapman- $13.22

Bear Snores on [BEAR SNORES ON-BOARD]

6. Is Your Mama a Llama? by Deborah Guarino and Steven Kellogg- $6.99


Is Your Mama a Llama?

7. You and Me Little Bear by Martin Waddell and Barbara Firth- $8.91


You and Me, Little Bear

8. How I Became a Pirate by Melinda Long and David Shannon- $10.40


How I Became a Pirate

9. One Little Mouse by Dori Chaconas and Leuyen Pham- $12.47


One Little Mouse

10. How Do Dinosaurs Say good Night? by Jane Yolen and Mark Teague

How Do Dinosaurs Say Good Night?

The winner of Mama's Got a Fake I.D. goes to Amy... congratulations!

-- LadyD

Bookmark and Share

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Print Friendly and PDF

Post a Comment

As always, so nice to hear from you!