Wordless Wednesday: West Coast Moose




Wordful Wednesday

We had returned from a lovely trip to the Wild Animal Park and I was quite pleased we were able to see this "West Coast" Moose. 

Now, I know it's not really a Moose but it looks like a very fine buck and deer. My thoughts immediately turned to a wonderful children's picture book that I had been reading along with my Grandson called, 
If You Give a Moose a Muffin Big Book  by Laura Joffe Numeroff.

Have you read it? It's so cute. Here's an excerpt:

"If a hungry moose comes to visit, you might give him a muffin to make him feel at home. If you give him a muffin, he'll want some jam to go with it. When he's eaten all your muffins, he'll want to go to the store to get some more muffin mix." 

You can find more info on an older post at  http://ladyd-books.blogspot.com/2009_08_01_archive.html

5* Picture Book with great dialogue and interaction between a boy and a moose.

-- LadyD

4 comments:

  1. Makes me think of reindeer! Those antlers sure are fuzzy.

    ~Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, at first I thought you just happened across that! Whew, glad I read on! Thanks for joining Angie and I for Wordful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! Super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the buck is handsome in his velvet (the fuzz on his antlers) and the doe is very relaxed. both so pretty! Faythe from<a href="http://grammymousetails.blogspot.com/2011/05/colors-in-wind-spring.html>GMT</a>

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!