Photo Punctuation

 A picture really is worth a thousand words! I remember using this fun activity. First, cut out and laminate a high-interest magazine picture (or use a personal photograph). Attach the picture to the top of poster board. At the left end of each line, write a punctuation mark. Challenge each student to write a sentence that relates to the picture and contains the punctuation mark. Use the sentences to write your own story about the photograph. This is a great review of punctuation usage and writing complete sentences! Ready to give it a try?

Hey buddy, got any fish?

There is a cute children's book called "Pelican Pete" and more Pelican photos that you can read from an older post of mine here

What a beautiful day!
"A young boy, who has never seen the sea, asks his mother to describe it. From there, Zolotow carefully chooses her words to create a poem full of the colors, sounds, and sights of a day at the beach. Minor's softly detailed renderings reinforce the gentle mood."

The Seashore Book
 
"Folks, we have reached our cruisin' altitude now, so I am going to switch the seat belt sign off."

Gweneth Paltrow & Huey Lewis - Cruisin

 Visit my friends, by clicking on the logos below, who are hosting the Wordless Wednesday meme,  Rednesday and Outdoor Wednesday!













I have met 80 nice folks who have taken the time to read what I share and I just want to say, "Thank you, dear readers!"







“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis
Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

  1. It looks like the pelican is going to poke my eye out!

    How was that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Mimi... that was great! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eww looks like his beak is too hard. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may be right Mary. I didn't feel like getting real close and giving him a pat. He did pose nicely for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos. The pelican scares me:(

    Visiting for Wordless Wednesday! Hope you can stop by:)

    http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2012/01/wordless-wednesday-my-girl-and-minnie-mouse.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pelicans at the harbor love people gathering around them. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete

As always, so nice to hear from you!