Car Show and Garden Party

grandson and truck: LadyD Books


One of my adorable grandsons went to a car show. I think this one was his favorite. Maybe he was drawn to the color blue but smart to rest in the shade, don't you think? No, he is not for sale but this cool truck is! There's talk of us going to a casual garden party later on. What will you be wearing?


Daughter and Clothesline: LadyD Books


Flora and her YaYa: LadyD Books




Daughter: LadyD Books


Granddaughter: LadyD Books

Whatever you choose to wear darling, you'll be smashing! Just bring along that gorgeous smile of yours because you light up the room when you walk in, sweet granddaughter!

Photos for Blue Monday and Mellow Yellow Monday

Do you remember the song Garden Party by Rick Nelson? Of course not, you're much too young but I sure liked this one. It has an easy feel with it.



Here are the lyrics:

Garden Party

- Artist: Rick Nelson
- peak Billboard position # 6 in 1972
- inspired by Rick's experience at a Madison Square Garden concert
- Words and Music by Rick Nelson


I went to a garden party to reminisce with my old friends
A chance to share old memories and play our songs again
When I got to the garden party, they all knew my name
No one recognized me, I didn't look the same

CHORUS
But it's all right now, I learned my lesson well.
You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself

People came from miles around, everyone was there
Yoko brought her walrus, there was magic in the air
'n' over in the corner, much to my surprise
Mr. Hughes hid in Dylan's shoes wearing his disguise

CHORUS

lott-in-dah-dah-dah, lot-in-dah-dah-dah

Played them all the old songs, thought that's why they came
No one heard the music, we didn't look the same
I said hello to "Mary Lou", she belongs to me
When I sang a song about a honky-tonk, it was time to leave

CHORUS

lot-dah-dah-dah (lot-dah-dah-dah)
lot-in-dah-dah-dah

Someone opened up a closet door and out stepped Johnny B. Goode
Playing guitar like a-ringin' a bell and lookin' like he should
If you gotta play at garden parties, I wish you a lotta luck
But if memories were all I sang, I rather drive a truck

CHORUS

lot-dah-dah-dah (lot-dah-dah-dah)
lot-in-dah-dah-dah

'n' it's all right now, learned my lesson well
You see, ya can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself


For those musicians out there, whether the guitar or piano playing, here is the easy music structure (chord progressions) to play.

Chord Chart




   C                 F           C                  F
I went to a garden party to reminisce with my old friends.
   C               G     Am     F               G7     C
A chance to share old memories and play our old songs again.
                          F      C                F
When I got to the garden party, they all knew my name,
    C            F      Dm7           G7       C
But no one recognized me..., I didn't look the same.


CHORUS:
          F       G     C      F          G      C
But it's..., all right now. I learned my lesson well.
            F                C               Dm7      G7        C
You see you.., can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself.

 Book Sharing Monday


Garden Party!: Flower Designs to Color (Dover Nature Coloring Book)

I love Dover Publications. This book is for ages 8 and up. Set in a dreamy landscape of stylized patterns, this garden party buzzes with life. Whimsical and wild images of birds, frogs, bugs, and other creatures populate flowery fields that pulse with psychedelic energy. Colorists of all ages will be enchanted with these 30 full-page illustrations and their creative coloring possibilities.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin






“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis
Enhanced by Zemanta

15 comments:

  1. Grandson dressed in blue and resting against a bright blue pickup truck! Oh, and there's the blue sky. You can't get much bluer than that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Sure I remember Ricky Nelson. Thanks for sharing your blues and your darling grandchildren.

    Happy Blue Monday, D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I just knew you'd remember him!

      Delete
  3. Adorable! Great pics too. Thanks for sharing.

    I played too. Mine are here and here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree...all we need to wear is a smile.:p
    i love the photo of your grand son on a blue truck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colours, - perfect post for both Blue Monday and MYM!
    Have a nice evening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous family you have! Visiting from Blue Monday.

    Please come and see my BLUES at Pleasurable Hobbies blog. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for removing the word verification.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. It's been removed for quite sometime now. I think you were visiting me at my other blog. Nice to see you here!

      Delete
  8. HBM! Perfect for Blue Monday :)
    Greetings from Australia♥
    ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!