Climbing, Riding and Jumping

Theme at the Del Mar Fair

Space People Visiting SoCal

Flags Blowing, Walking Down the Midway


Skyriders in the air, overlooking the Del Mar Racetrack


Skyway above the fair grounds

Bungee Jumping, Free Falling (Remember the song?)
She is one very brave soul. Have you ever tried this?
For more photos from around the world, visit Skywatch Friday

Climbing Jasmine: LadyD Books
Climbing Jasmine
Safari Park Parrot: LadyD Books
Foto Friday: "Eyes" Theme




Safari Park Foliage: LadyD Books
Floral Friday Fotos (Reaching)



Lily standing tall: LadyD Books
Floral Friday Foto  (Blooming)






Lily Opening: LadyD Books
Floral Friday Foto: Opening
Grandson and turtle: LadyD Books
Color Connection (Grandson cooling off at the park with a friend)




Here If You Need Me: A True Story

Book Description:


HERE IF YOU NEED ME is the story Kate Braestrup's remarkable journey from grief to faith to happiness - as she holds her family together in the wake of her husband's death, pursues his dream of becoming a minister, and ultimately finds her calling as a chaplain to search-and-rescue workers. It is dramatic, funny, deeply moving, and simply unforgettable--an uplifting account of finding God through helping others, and of the small miracles that happen every day when a heart is grateful and love is restored.

The Page 56

"I'm here because Drew isn't," I told my professor on the first day of seminary. It wasn't true. That evening, I was walking across the courtyard toward the library and the parking lot beyond, and I saw Drew standing in the library doorway, more clearly than if he had actually been there. He was wearing his bright red winter jacket. He smiled at me. He is here, I thought. I carry him."

-- Kate Braestrup

What are you reading dear book lovers?






 “You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis

Enhanced by Zemanta

18 comments:

  1. Fun, festive, colorful pictures! Love the one of the fluttering flags, especially, and the parrot and the flowers are real beauties. Nope, never bungee jumped and never intend to! Don't have a need for that much adrenaline, thank you. :-)

    I'm currently reading Pompeii: A Novel by Robert Harris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! No bungee jumping? Book sounds interesting.

      Delete
  2. These are very varied photos of very wide range of topics! I also read non-fiction books these days, but different from this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those photos and not your usual type of 56 but that's a nice surprise! No, I have no bungee jumped nor would I.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some wonderful pics. that person hanging upside down makes my heart stop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My grandkids love to hang upside down.

      Delete
  5. Great photos. Love them!
    And I still love your nails... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fun to me! Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Macaw!

    Thanks for sharing with Foto Friday,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous!

    Thank you for joining last week's Color Connection. Come and join again this week. The linky is up now.

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!