A very nice blogger friend has tagged me for this award. A big thank you to Aloi over at guiltless reading. I am always amazed by the kindness that my online friends have shown me since I began LadyD Books. I'd like to share some information about this special award because I may be passing it on to some of you!
The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers ... and is a sneaky way to get to know the person behind the blog. So, you can see I qualify and love each and every one of my dear readers!
From what has been shared with me, I now know that Liebster is a German word which means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. (Awh, thanks so much Aloi!)
Here are the rules:
- Each person must post 1 fact about themselves
- Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you and give 11 questions for the people you've tagged.
- Choose 11 people and link them in your post. Tell them you've tagged them.
- Remember, no tag backs.
Here are my Questions from Aloi of guiltless reading.
- Aside from books, what else are you interested in?
- Why did you decide to start blogging about books and reading? How are you finding it so far?
- Bestest, the most favourite book you've ever read? Why?
- E-book, paperback, hardbound? Why?
- What childhood book do you credit for getting you started as a "real" reader?
- Most memorable literary character?
- What genre are you most happy/comfortable reading?
- Do you ever get a "hangover" from over-reading? What does it feel like?
- What do you like to eat or drink while reading?
- What book intimidates/scares you most ... but you would still like to read?
- Choose one question from the many questions already asked of me ... and answer!
1. I am very interested in teaching others how to play the piano.
2. My blogging adventure started after becoming a grandma as a way to share my grand-parenting adventures and has quickly grown into a personal blog featuring children’s book reviews and giveaways. I love the blogging world. I've met some very nice folks online.
3. The Guardian of Kelmar, Laurie Sepesi because I couldn't put it down. Sobbed deeply at the end.
4. Hardback feels good reading to my grandkids but more and more, we're cuddling up w/ E-books.
5. The Little Engine That Could by Watty Piper.
6. Sherlock Holmes, using his mind for good.
7. I love juvenile fiction and fantasy!
8. No, but I do fall asleep!
9. I love to eat multi-grain crackers and drink water with lemon.
10. Thrillers are horrifying to me and I just don't want those images bouncing around in my very active imagination!
11. The one song that I dance to is called Up by Shania Twain.
+ 11 more facts about me...
1. I live in an avocado grove and eat avos for breakfast, lunch and dinner! :=)
2. I have a Siamese cat named Jazz.
3. I've played worship in various churches for 30 years.
4. I cook Greek food.
5. I like Greek dancing.
6. I once had 58 piano students!
7. I was the prayer coordinator for New Venture Christian Fellowship.
8. I've met many San Diego Chargers (Football players)
9. I've been to Maui.
10. I'm an organic farmer.
11. I have another grandbaby on the way! That will make 5! :=)
It's my turn to pass on the Liebster Blog Award to some of my followers and I choose:
1. Abigail's Attic
3. Irene's Desk
4. Pat and Jerry
5. Story Corner
6. Visits With Mary
7. Valli's Book Den
8. Valerie Storey
Here are your questions:
- Where is your favorite place to read and write?
- What is the one book you loved and why?
- If you could go anywhere in time, when and where would you go?
- What are the two things for which you are most grateful that your parents provided for you?
- For one reason or another, you must go away to a deserted island. You can take one item with you. What do you choose?
- If you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life (ex. Bread, noodles, rice, fruit, etc.), what would you eat?
- What is one book you hated and can't stand?
- If you could be any magical creature (fairy, unicorn, flying pig, etc.), which one would you be?
- Name one book that you could re-read over and over again.
- Which animated character best matches your personality?
- List one word that describes you the best.
Thanks again Aloi for the Liebster Award. I'm honored.
“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis