Wordless Wednesday: Tomato City

Homegrown Tomatoes: LadyD Books

Tomatoes: LadyD Books

Homemade Salsa: LadyD Books




How's your summer going? I've been in the garden harvesting oodles of tomatoes. Lots for BLTs, a nice slice on a sandwich, and stuffed tomatoes with ground turkey and rice. Tomatoes are yummy on their own or turned into homemade salsa. What on earth would you do with all these tomatoes? Oh yes, I gave them away, too. You know, while I was canning tomatoes during some hot, humid summer days, I started singing this to the tune of Kansas City but I changed the lyrics by Wilbert Harrison a little...

I'm going to Tomato City
Tomato City here I come
I'm going to Tomato City
Tomato City here I come
They got some crazy little tomatoes there
And I'm gonna get some canning done!

I'm gonna be standing on the corner
Garden Gate and Vine
I'm gonna be standing on the corner
Garden Gate and Vine
With my Tomato City harvest
And a bottle of Motts Clamato juice in my hand.



 You can hear one of my favorite blues singer in this video.  Visit her website,  Susan Tedeschi.
Live from Austin, TX: Susan Tedeschi

LadyD Books is visiting the following memes today:




Blessings,






“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. I love homegrown tomatoes and wish we could grow them here. What time is dinner at your house? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very pretty tomatoes! I regret not doing a garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tomatoes! It's been so hot here, in the 100's that almoost noting is producing. The song you put on is one my husband loves to tease me with. I am from KC and he moved there from a small farm town and met me. We have been together over 40 years! Visiting from Red Wednesday. Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great tomato canning song! They look perfect! Boy I need some pointers from you. I have huge plants and almost no tomatoes?
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!