Little Bird, Lorikeet Lori

Rainbow Lorikeet at the San Diego Safari Park: LadyD Books

The Rainbow Lorikeet is quite bold in color and so charming with all of its noise making!

Brightly colored Lorikeet perched on a branch: LadyD Books

The hang out for all these beautiful birds is in a huge cage at the San Diego Safari Park. I do know that these striking parrots are from Australia and Tasmania, too. Have you seen them before?

Caged Lorikeet resting on a tree limb

After the birds feast on nectar that the tourists buy at the park for a couple of dollars, you'll find them napping in the shade of a tree for just a little while. I've watched the children's faces smile with delight as these wonderful birds perch on their little fingers while eating.

Photos for Wild Bird Wednesday

Talking Parrot Video




Lorikeet Haiku


Bouncing colors bright

Feast the eyes and ears to hear

Birds are fun and sweet

Pet Care

These fun birds are nectar feeders. For more information, visit http://www.gladesvillevet.com.

 Pet Bird

I read that these fun-loving birds can live up to 30 years. If you're thinking of getting one for a pet, read https://answers.yahoo.com

  Singing Lorikeet


I would love to hear a Lorikeet properly trained to sing a song. Look here, http://www.ehow.com

Little Bird, Little Bird

I love this song because it's so gentle, peaceful and relaxing. The children will love this!

Little bird, little bird fly through my window,
Little bird, little bird fly through my window,
Little bird, little bird fly through my window,
And buy molasses candy.

Fly through my window, my sugar lump,
Fly through my window, my sugar lump,
And buy molasses candy.

Blue bird, blue bird fly through my window,
Blue bird, blue bird fly through my window,
Blue bird, blue bird fly through my window,
And buy molasses candy.

Fly through my window, my sugar lump,
Fly through my window, my sugar lump,
And buy molasses candy.



 Book Recommendations


Rainbow Lorikeets, the Complete Owner's Guide on How to Care for Rainbow Lorikeets, Facts on Habitat, Breeding, Lifespan, Behavior, Diet, Cages, Talki

Over in Australia: Amazing Animals Down Under





 
 “You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Print Friendly and PDF

Post a Comment

As always, so nice to hear from you!