Bee Hive Sunrise

Bee Hive Sunrise: LadyD Books

Bee Hive Sunrise


 On some mornings, I find the sky having a golden glow or golden bronze look. This awesome stack of cloud cover was taken with my Nikon D200 around 5:00 a.m., looking out at Palomar Mountain towards the east. Looks like it's going to be a lovely Spring day with temps in low 80s for sunny Cali.

How is it where you are? For more glorious views, I'm linking with Skywatch Friday.

Be swarm: LadyD Books
Protected  Queen Bee

Around this time of year, especially when the avocado grove is blossoming, we'll hear and look up and see bees swarming. One particular morning, I found this bee hive had landed nearby on my property with one goal in mind... and that was to protect the queen! They were working hard to lay eggs and make honey, too. The photo theme this week is 'texture' and I'm linking with Foto Friday.

For ages 10 and up

Honey. Beeswax. Pollinate. Hive. Colony. Work. Dance. Communicate. Industrious. Buzz. Sting. Cooperate.
Where would we be without them? Where would we be without one another?
In eighty-two poems and paragraphs, Naomi Shihab Nye alights on the essentials of our time—our loved ones, our dense air, our wars, our memories, our planet—and leaves us feeling curiously sweeter and profoundly soothed. 

LadyD Books is linking with The Friday 56
 
"Honeybees have been hauled all over agricultural creation by their owners in wooden hives to pollinate flowers far from the ones they grew up with."

-- Page 56 of Honeybee by Naomi Shihab Nye
A Honeycomb of Caves

Eventually, the honeybees took off and this was left behind; a structure of hexagonal cells of wax, made by the bees.

Stop by these fine folks, if you have the time.

InLinkz.com

Have a sweet day!





“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis
Enhanced by Zemanta

12 comments:

  1. Wow, That's quite a swarm!! Great post. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, probably the biggest I've seen so far. Thanks Gary!

      Delete
  2. Intriguing bee lessons! Thanks for sharing...and here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVELY skies!
    I used to be allergic to bees when I was a kid, now, no. I got stung last year and nothing bad happened. I love learning about them though and have always been under the impression honey bees don't really use their stinger on humans. Not sure how much truth is in that though.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning sunrise! We used to keep bees, but tried never to get too close to a swarm! Erika's SWF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I surprised myself in getting close since I'm allergic to bees!! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hi Kim... thanks for coming over to my blog post!

      Delete
  6. Wow, that is a lot of bees! Great capture!

    Thanks for sharing with Foto Friday,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Foto Friday, when I can make it over! Thanks Lori!

      Delete
  7. I love your posts and your photos :) How spectacular are those clouds and those bees!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!