Quote It Saturday: Apples

Flower Photo Collage by LadyD Books

For Quote It Saturday, Flowers on Saturday and Weekend Flowers

There is a lesson in each flower,
A story in each stream and bower,
In every herb on which you tread
Are written words, which rightly read
Will lead you from earth's fragrant sod,
To hope, to holiness, and God. 
-- Irish poet Thomas Osborne Davis

Apple Blossom Photo Collage: LadyD Books

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver. -- Proverbs 25:11

Orchard Apples: LadyD Books

As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste. -- Song of Solomon 2:3
I am reading a great book that my cousin sent me, called "The Flowers and Fruits of the Bible" by John Chancellor and illustrated by W.H. McCheane... it's wonderful! All of the above quotes are from the book. For more details, visit

The Flowers and Fruits of the Bible

Have you added up how many types of flowers or trees are mentioned in the Bible? I haven't but I guess you can just about google search anything. Maybe I'll add this to one of my summer goals, as I watch my garden of fruits, vegetables and flowers grow.

Hope you'll stop by these cool folks!
 
InLinkz.com

Blessings,






 “You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis
Enhanced by Zemanta

8 comments:

  1. What lovely verses, I would love to read that book. Never have heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Blossoms and I like that poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect Pink Saturday Post in June....Roses are June's Flower of the Month. I posted about June...come by CollectInTexas Gal for all about June in Texas. Lovely photos...Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, I love apple blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely collage! thanks for sharing with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flowers, yummy Apples:)

    Visiting for Flowers on Saturday- hope you can stop by:)

    http://appleduffle.com/2012/06/cymbidium-orchid.html

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!