Erma and Eppie

Eppie

 Have you met Miss Eppie? Epiphyllum ("upon the leaf" in Greek) is a genus of 19 species of epiphytic plants in the cactus family (Cactaceae), native to Central America.

On the north side of our house, near the dragon fruit tree, we have a lovely Epiphyllum that's been in the family for ages (when the kids were little, which seems like far, far away in another galaxy.) 

You'll know what I mean when you have 'grand littles' of your own. During the many months that Eppie is not blooming, my grandson thinks she is a boring cactus. I reassure him that Eppie is sleeping, you know, like dormant yet growing.

If you visit the San Diego Wild Animal Park, now called Safari Park, then you can see tons of them  blooming under shade cloth in May with a variety of color. It is a real treat for photographers. Have you been to this huge park? It's a great refuge for animals and bird sanctuary. I think there's no other like it in the world, except maybe for Florida.

Hula Granddauughter: LadyD Books
Princess (granddaughter wearing no-sew tutu)


“When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.”
Erma Bombeck


LadyD Books is linking with,

Floral Friday Foto 

Quote It Saturday 

Flowers On Saturday 

Weekend Flowers 

Pink Saturday 


 Have a lovely weekend!







 “You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. Your grandlittle is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful flower and even more beutiful granddaughter :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't she a cutie!?
    LadyD, I've given you the Liebster Blog Award! Hope you can come by and check it out!

    Lievster Blog Award

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a grand color for Ephiphyllum oxypetalum. We only have the white, and can't see any color in nurseries here. Hmmm, my next wish list.

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!