Swami's By The Sea

Swami's Encinitas, California: LadyD Books

Along the old coastline, Hwy. #101 is a famous surfing spot called Swami's Beach and Sea Cliff Park in Encinitas, California. It sits border line to Cardiff By The Sea.  It is a local hot spot for surfers (it's huge) and local residents. Nearby, is the Self Realization Fellowship.

Photos for Skywatch Friday  You can see why the surfers love to come here, to try and catch the perfect wave under a beautiful So Cal sky.

coastline view pacific ocean: LadyD Books

self realization fellowship: LadyD Books

pacific ocean: LadyD Books

Farther up the coastline is a popular beach for families that has access to the playground, the pier, restaurants, etc. I find the beach so relaxing, don't you? It's a wonderful place to let go of the cares of the day.... and just breathe. When was the last time you went down to the sand and played? You know, just felt like being creative and getting all messy with the sand and the water? Do you like the feel of your feet in the sand? My daughter and granddaughter are huge fans of California beaches!

daughter and granddaughter at the beach: LadyD Books


Joy for a Woman's Soul Promises to Refresh Your Spirit


Joy for a Woman's Soul Promises to Refresh the Spirit: Promises to Refresh Your Spirit

My entry for the meme, The Friday 56

"The ocean is a favorite place of mine. I love to listen to sounds that only the waves can make. I walk miles along the shoreline leaving my footprints in the sand, which are then invaded by an endless ebb and flow of the tide. These moments bring an unspeakable calm. I can see with a clear mind and heart all the ways God has held my life and walked me through the violent storms to bring to a restful place." -- Kathy Troccoli
                                                      Linking up to Color Connection

Whenever the grandbabies and I return from an outing at sea, after we shower off, it's time for snacks, of course and then to snuggle with a book. Here are some earlier posts of a few of my reviews for children's books about the sea:

Astro the Steller Sea Lion

Legend of the Cape May Diamond

Poe Princess of Pirates

Buy at Art.com
Clouds Over Ocean, Cook Islands
Buy From Art.com

Hope you have a restful weekend,






 “You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis
Enhanced by Zemanta

9 comments:

  1. OH, what lovely shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos. I also enjoyed your Friday56 excerpt. Sounds like a really good book.
    Today I'm featuring LOVE AND SLEEPLESS NIGHTS on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Sandy! It is an inspiring book, for sure.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful beach indeed!
    Love your 56 too, made me long for summer.....
    That photo of your grandlittle walking the beach is adorable!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the beach and it's a magical place for the children, too! Thanks, Freda... She's a cutie!

      Delete
  4. wonderful, wonderful photos! the second photo looks really great. i find peace in the sea and the beach, too. i spent every summer at my grandfather's seaside town. and the feel of the sand under one's feet is simply magical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's great to hear, Mai. Wide open spaces provides much peace for me, too.

      Delete
  5. Oh I am so longing for the ocean. I love your photos LadyD. Linky is up now for Color Connection, come join us again.

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!