I Never Met a Pumpkin I Didn't Like


Pumpkin Quotes
 For Quote It Saturday, I am in the mood for famous, anonymous pumpkin quotes. Do you have a favorite? Perhaps you will find one that tickles your funny bone! :=)

   If the pumpkin fits, wear it.

I’ll love you til the end of vine.  

  I never met a pumpkin I didn’t like.  

  You must be out of your gourd!  

As I was walking about the ranch, I spotted these two gazanias along side the navel orange tree. Gazanias come in a variety of colors and I love the fact that they recede themselves everywhere and anywhere. It helps us keep the weeds down while strolling through the orchard. They have such colorful heads about them that seem to say "Happy Autumn!" If a flower could talk, what do you hear these two saying?


Flowers on Saturday
 Gazania Trivia

The Gazania is a South African perennial that looks similar to a daisy. So colorful, I like them!

Sun Exposure:
Full Sun

Danger:
Parts of plant are poisonous if ingested

Bloom Color:
Red
Orange
Bright Yellow
Brown/Bronze

Bloom Time:
Blooms repeatedly

Foliage:
Herbaceous
Silver/Gray

Other details:
This plant is attractive to bees, butterflies and/or birds
Drought-tolerant; suitable for xeriscaping
Average Water Needs; Water regularly; do not overwater
Suitable for growing in containers
 
 Hooray for the Gazania, such an excellent ground cover and  great for any gardening addition!

Age: toddler, preschool, kindergarten, elementary


All Hallow's Eve - The Story of the Halloween Fairy 
--  by Lisa Sferlazza Johnson, Tucker Johnson (Illustrator)

Eve, a young fairy from the All Hallows pumpkin patch, loves candy. She can make toys with her magic, but not candy. She practices her magic, hoping to be able to make candy for her birthday on October 31st. But as hard as she tries during her dress up birthday party, she is only able to create candy shaped toys. Seeing her frustration, her party guests round up candy from the pumpkin patch to give to Eve. Eve is touched by their thoughtfulness and gives her friends the toys she makes in exchange. This is a great story of friendship, cooperation and self acceptance.

You'll find me at these other sites today. Care to join me?






“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis


My Family from WiddlyTinks.com

Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

  1. I love this one:

    You must be out of your gourd!

    thanks for linking up with your flower photo today :)
    have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not seen the Gazania before, again - love your image and the trivia. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this time of year. Love this pumpkin post. Thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, love the last quote :)

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/10/quote-it-saturday_08.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I never knew there were quotes about pumpkins. Very nice fallish quotes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the burnt orange and redness of your flower pic! The pumpkin quotes are cute too! Definitely going to be telling people they are
    " out of their gourd!" ha!

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!