Renesday: Around The House

Red kitchen display: LadyD Books

I was reading a chapter from 1,001 Timely Tips For Clutter Control and Step 1 is Cut the clutter. Here's a short excerpt:

"Countertops, and the chaos that's on them, are the first things you see when you enter a kitchen. Your pantry may be perfect, your cupboards immaculate, but if your countertops are a jumble of papers, appliances, dishes, and knickknacks, no one will notice. And since no kitchen has enough counter space, how can you waste even one square inch of yours under clutter?"
1001 Timely Tips for Clutter Control: Knowing What to Keep, When to Toss, and How to Store Your Stuff  

So, I moved some of my stuff onto this oak table. After awhile of enjoyment, I'll probably pass some of the items on. I thought my red mirror and shutters and red candlesticks go well for Rednesday.

Do you have lots of clutter on your countertops? I sure do and when I went on to read the following chapter, the author mentions getting rid of cookbooks. Oh, boy... how I love my collections.

Photo Credit: Graphics Fairy



I added a little red trim around an old lamp shade and filled the lamp base with sea shells. Such a sweet little lamp. The creative choices are endless with these type of lamps.


One of my daughters is a prop assistant for the movies. She gave me some bolts of fabric from the movie, Hemingway, and Gellhorn. This is just a little sample but I love the silk brocade.

 LadyD Books is linking with:


InLinkz.com

Happy Rednesday!






 “You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis
Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

  1. I love that flower vase.


    Have a great WW.
    POSH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it -- "Rednesday." I'm waging a constant war against clutter, but the thing is, where do you *put* it! That's the problem for me. I'm trying to be very severe with myself, getting rid of books I will not read, clothes I'll never wear, the stuff that just weighs you down. But it's a long battle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have a few dust bunnies or need to mop, but never will my home or anywhere be cluttered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love your red. My favorite color!! Yah, clutter. I've been known for that. =/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wonderful lead photo says it all -- that you have a warm and beautiful home!

    Cheers ... visiting from REDnesday!

    Tito Eric of Panglao Island
    http://turningboholano.blogspot.com/2012/08/zadig-by-voltaire.html

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!