Pretty Dancing Girls

dancing girls on stage: LadyD Books

dance class performs on stage: LadyD Books

dance studio: LadyD Books

 Every year in our small town, the local dance studio performs an outdoor dance performance. These photos were taken last April and yes, every winter I long for those warm sunny days when I will see those pretty dancing girls again! Oh, how I love to watch their graceful steps in motion as they twirl and swirl so effortlessly in their gorgeous dresses and elegant fans. Photos for Blue Monday

Lola Fandango Barefoot Book

Lola's Fandango is an Ezra Jack Keats honorable mention for best author and illustrator! I have this one in my library and it's great! The book cover reminded me of the dancing gals above!

For ages 4 to 10.
Written By: Anna Witte
Illustrated By: Micha Archer
Narrated By: The Amador Family

Lola is a young Spanish girl in awe of her glamorous older sister. However, she discovers her own talent and duende, or spirit, through secret fandango lessons from her father. The text is infused with the rhythms, movements and sounds of the dance and the humanity of Lola’s family is beautifully portrayed by Micha Archer’s collage-paintings.

Take a peek at some of Micha Archer's illustrations.

book illustrations

lola and her mom

children's picture book

Another wonderful advantage to any outdoor festival or gathering is the food court! Being Greek, I am always on the outlook for a sign that happens to say...

food court at the fair: LadyD Books
GYROS
Photo for Mandarin Orange Monday

Isn't art wonderful? You can enjoy it live, like the girls performing in photo #1. I personally enjoy reading books with my grandchildren. I love word crafting. To us Greeks, food is a beautiful from of artwork. Then there's photography and I've learned so much from many professional photographers online. You'll find tons of artwork for purchase to adorn your beautiful home, as well. 

Buy at Art.com
Carmen
Buy From Art.com

Blessings,






 “You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis
Enhanced by Zemanta

11 comments:

  1. Blue-tiful dancing girls!

    Happy Blue Monday, D.

    PS It's hard to leave a comment because there's a thing blocking the comment box. Please forgive me if I have any errors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment, Sally and the heads up, too. We'll see if someone else has a problem leaving a comment and I'll look into it in the meantime. Not sure if it would be a Blogger platform problem or a computer browser situation. Have a good week!

      Delete
  2. Those hirls in swirling dresses and fans look so beautiful! Love those fancy puffed sleeves on the blue spotted dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, they are so lovely. Thanks for stopping by Gemma.

      Delete
  3. I love food fairs and tasting dishes of different cultures - and yes, I do like Greek food! Especially the yummy little entrees. I even tried cooking dolmades years ago! Thank you for sharing on Mandarin Orange Monday:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, those yummy dolmades! How am I ever going to lose weight?!!

      Delete
  4. lovely photos of these dancers. we have a similar folk dance here that we obviously got from the Spanish.:p and the "Carmen" painting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miranda. Folk dancing is so much fun to watch and participate in. I love the Carmen painting, too!

      Delete
  5. Those are lovely colorful photos. I do love that last painting in your past. So tranquil. My blues are here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just like the painting, dancing makes me feel happy and peaceful, too. Thanks for stopping by, Maria.

      Delete
  6. It's nice that they perform outdoors for the public to see. Catching up with Blue Monday.

    My BLUE, come and see.

    Your comment is always appreciated.


    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!