Wordless Wednesday: I Am Sorry

For Rednesday
I am continually saying, "I love you" to my grandchildren. Saying I'm sorry is important, too! I found these phrases in one of my teaching books. I love them because there are many other magic words, too... like please and thank you. 

Affirming one another is good and apologizing is awesome!


"I am sorry that I laughed at you. That was not caring of me."


 "I am sorry I teased you. There is no excuse for what I did."

"I am sorry to have criticized you. You deserve better treatment than that."


"I am sorry I got annoyed with you. I didn't mean to take it out on you what was bothering me."

"I am sorry I lost my temper with you. I shouldn't have been so rude. Please forgive me."


"I am sorry I didn't listen to what you were telling me. That was inconsiderate of me."


"I am sorry I wasn't clear. I will be more specific next time we talk." 





"I am sorry I wasn't fair. I will be more impartial next time."




"I am sorry I accused you of something you didn't do. I will get more facts next time."

 "I am sorry I punished you. You were not at fault. My apologies."
One of my favorite groups, Chicago, recorded the song Hard To Say I'm Sorry, in 1982.



What all the above notes have in common is a sincere tone. Almost all are emphasized by their brevity. Communication with family members, friends and students made simple and from the heart.

Blessings,







“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C. S. Lewis

Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. I agree!! thanks for this post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! Great post, pics and words Lady D!

    Here's my WW pic for this week: http://ttoria.blogspot.com

    Vix :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this reminder! It's so important to remember to teach our children and grandchildren how to walk in humility and ask for forgiveness and how to give it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post. You put it all together very well. Something that needs to be done each day. Never happens tho. Check out my Vintage Thursday post.

    ReplyDelete

As always, so nice to hear from you!